Tripple "Blackie" Imperial has made it home.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked up my triple black 73 Imperial this morning. Beautiful day for the pick up, but the drop off not so much. Severe storm warning alert just as we are arriving into Toronto, flat bed 25 min behind me. Just as he pulls onto my back street the wind and clouds open up. I was lucky to get him to unload the car, dropped the Imperial in the middle of the lane/street and ran. Good friend and neighbour helped me push it aside to a temp landing spot.
Soaked? yes. Now to find some pushing power.

7C769A94-EB62-40AB-915C-EADE599997A4.jpeg

0C9A897B-DB5D-4A92-8BB9-99EB67C4D613.jpeg

B7A575FE-D1AD-4870-9659-FF9159EF8C16_1_201_a.jpeg

2B2D4A63-0343-44BE-8F37-464DF544F15B.jpeg

0D88F75E-F64D-45C2-B614-9C24BBF9574B.jpeg

Glad you made it unscathed. I was in that storm as it passed through Cambridge. A lot of downed trees and power lines here.

Glad you made it unscathed. I was in that storm as it passed through Cambridge. A lot of downed trees and power lines here.
My friend in south Mississauga said it was pretty heavy out there. I think we got off easy on it here. Fast moving.

I like your Imperial!
So how did it go with the push party? My neighbors used to have 2 sons living at home. Both of them were huge. Whenever I wanted to push party, I walk next door and knocked.

WHAT A HOS LOVE THOSE CORNERING LIGHTS. THAT FRONT END SAYS IT ALL. MAGNANAMUS.....

Sweet ride !!

What's the details? Looks like you can just throw a jump on it and drive it into its spot.

The Imperial hasn't been started (as far as I know) for 15 years. I will give it a good looking over, check cylinders and plugs for condition, fresh fuel, etc...
I got a good response from neighbours for a push, maybe a little to enthusiastic in the pushing. We managed to tear open a side wall on left rear tire by hitting a curb corner, very sharp concrete corner. Hard to stop an Imperial with an enthusiastic bunch that only had one set of directions. I thank them all very much for the help.
I installed the original spare for now, the L8415 tire looks great on the Imperial.
I will get it cleaned up and running shortly.
Looks like this Imperial is from Colorado, It is in very solid no body rust original paint condition. Steering wheel is cracked, seats and Interior in good shape with no splits.
Story will continue when I get more done.

Now that's an Imperial battle cruiser any Sith lord would be proud to dominate the galaxy in

open-uri20150608-27674-niw87r_a764d944.jpeg

Triple black '73 :thumbsup:, was it advertised or found it through word of mouth?

Back