Tripple "Blackie" Imperial has made it home.

Picked up my triple black 73 Imperial this morning. Beautiful day for the pick up, but the drop off not so much. Severe storm warning alert just as we are arriving into Toronto, flat bed 25 min behind me. Just as he pulls onto my back street the wind and clouds open up. I was lucky to get him to unload the car, dropped the Imperial in the middle of the lane/street and ran. Good friend and neighbour helped me push it aside to a temp landing spot.
Soaked? yes. Now to find some pushing power.

View attachment 532647

View attachment 532648

View attachment 532649

View attachment 532650

View attachment 532651
BEAUTIFUL!

Yes, it came to Canada in 2006 from Kansas. The selling dealer looks like it was from Colorado originally.

I think this is the same car.

1973 Imperial for Sale

Not the same car. I bought it on ebay in 2006 (or so) and sold it to Jackson, along with the Tux Imperial that he has, and the gold Imperial that he sold. I have "shifted gears" personally. I bought a '67 Coronet RT that arrived yesterday.

Arrival day - 1.jpg

Not the same car. I bought it on ebay in 2006 (or so) and sold it to Jackson, along with the Tux Imperial that he has, and the gold Imperial that he sold. I have "shifted gears" personally. I bought a '67 Coronet RT that arrived yesterday
I believe you. What are the odds of two triple black 1973 Imperials coming out of Kansas?

I believe you. What are the odds of two triple black 1973 Imperials coming out of Kansas?

I guess maybe farmers in Kansas like a big car to go with their trucks.

My dad had a triple black '72 Imperial when I was a teenager (he wasn't a farmer (at that time) but he WAS a grain dealer). I loved that car. It was a blow to give these cars up but I just wasn't getting the job done and I know that Jackson will. Jackson says he is going to sell this car. It is a terrific car and if someone here ends up with it I know they will be well satisfied.

Picked up my triple black 73 Imperial this morning. Beautiful day for the pick up, but the drop off not so much. Severe storm warning alert just as we are arriving into Toronto, flat bed 25 min behind me. Just as he pulls onto my back street the wind and clouds open up. I was lucky to get him to unload the car, dropped the Imperial in the middle of the lane/street and ran. Good friend and neighbour helped me push it aside to a temp landing spot.
Soaked? yes. Now to find some pushing power.

View attachment 532647

View attachment 532648

View attachment 532649

View attachment 532650

View attachment 532651
beautiful car. hope it fits in the garage. My 72 coupe wouldnt fit in a new subdivision garage in Oakville. Your car is even longer!

Jackson's garage is getting full, you know I have room up in Rockwood.
Nice find, did you sell the wife's car?

I bought my 1971 Dodge Polara 33 years ago from the Original Owner for $450. 80,000 miles. Little old lady, I was her mailman for over 20 years. It was up on blocks in the Garage as she was in a wheelchair. I love it and it's a Land Yacht and floats down the road. Your 73 Imperial is a Huge Tuna Boat bigger than mine. You'll love it when you go cruising around.

71 dodge.jpg

I bought my 1971 Dodge Polara 33 years ago from the Original Owner for $450. 80,000 miles. Little old lady, I was her mailman for over 20 years. It was up on blocks in the Garage as she was in a wheelchair. I love it and it's a Land Yacht and floats down the road. Your 73 Imperial is a Huge Tuna Boat bigger than mine. You'll love it when you go cruising around.

View attachment 533486
I have had Tux my other black 73 out a few times this spring, fantastic drive now I have sorted all of its needs. Exhaust, shocks, brakes, lighting and other electrical issues. Thanks.

792E644C-C991-4458-86B6-CF903F82876D_1_201_a.jpeg

Back