Truck and trailer at Carlisle

So its not in Columbus?
National trail is basically surrounded by corn fields but I can't picture a grass runway.

He must be thinking of National Trail, but it actually has a paved runway now. It is on old US route 40, which used to go coast to coast, which before that was originally National Trail/road. Now you know the rest of the story.

Last edited:
National trail is basically surrounded by corn fields but I can't picture a grass runway.

He must be thinking of National Trail, but it actually has a paved runway now. It is on old route 40.

Route 40 goes though my town Aberdeen, Maryland.

First Goldie and I will be at Carlisle, but due to some glitches with the 300, my mechanic advises me that we trailer her there.

My plans are once we are there we will drive her and park the truck and trailer. My question is there an area on the grounds that we can leave the trailer and truck?
Last year many people parked their trucks and trailers outside Gate 6 and drove their cars in through the gate.

I forgot didn't really answer Dave's question, it is about 20 miles east if Columbus. I am 20 miles west of Columbus and a mile north of US 40.

US 40 it the center street through Columbus, going right past our capital and the division line of all North/south streets.

Last year many people parked their trucks and trailers outside Gate 6 and drove their cars in through the gate.

Would this be just a temporary trailer parking until you got your car parked inside.

Look what came in the mail today.

1467071312210-400840319.jpg

He must be thinking of National Trail, but it actually has a paved runway now. It is on old US route 40, which used to go coast to coast, which before that was originally National Trail/road. Now you know the rest of the story.

Paved I'll have to look all I ever notice is the airplanes parked there off of the road that runs behind the track( the one they would stop traffic when the fuel cars would run so if the car could not stop it could run out into the field across the street). Nat trail Raceway is at exit 126 heading west on I 70 center of Columbus is in the high ninety mile marker almost 30 miles, Brice road is at the 110 mile marker and is probably where Dave got his bad taste for the Mats, it was the cruise road and the stupid Mayor of Reynoldsburg wanted it to stop and she got her wish now it's up in Heath Oh.. I am too old for it now so it does not matter.

Would this be just a temporary trailer parking until you got your car parked inside.

Look what came in the mail today.

View attachment 83816
I'm pretty sure that's just for your beautiful 300. I got mine today as well. You're in OH and I'm in PA, hum.
That looks just like my "show" vehicle pass and I didn't get a parking one. I got a separate sticker for camping.

For anyone interested at gate 1 you can park your truck and trailer for the weekend for $25. They indicated there is plenty of trailer parking.

Back