Truck and trailer at Carlisle

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
First Goldie and I will be at Carlisle, but due to some glitches with the 300, my mechanic advises me that we trailer her there.

My plans are once we are there we will drive her and park the truck and trailer. My question is there an area on the grounds that we can leave the trailer and truck?

First Goldie and I will be at Carlisle, but due to some glitches with the 300, my mechanic advises me that we trailer her there.

My plans are once we are there we will drive her and park the truck and trailer. My question is there an area on the grounds that we can leave the trailer and truck?

You may be able to leave them at the Motel. If I were you I would call the Carlisle number Monday morning and ask for Ed, the event manager for the Chrysler show. Im certain they have parking for your T & T on the grounds but you may have to pay a parking fee.

Thanks Dave I will give him a call and will call the motel too.

If for some reason they dont the parking around the facility is abundant. Many, many home owners sell space, ten bucks a car for the day. Im sure you could throw some one a fifty and leave it there all four days. It is a very hospitable community, unlike the Nationals in Columbus. You will be fine.

I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Carlisle if that means anything to anyone.

Looking at Google Earth you could probably leave it at the Hotel. . Perhaps call them and ask. Many guys leave trucks and trailers on the motel lots during an event. Either way you have lots of options.

I am on the other side of the turnpike a quarter mile from you, right across from Hoss's

There is a designated trailer area, you just have to tell them you will be coming and pay to park there.

If for some reason they dont the parking around the facility is abundant. Many, many home owners sell space, ten bucks a car for the day. Im sure you could throw some one a fifty and leave it there all four days. It is a very hospitable community, unlike the Nationals in Columbus. You will be fine.
What year were you last at the Nats? You don't need a hospitable community there and you don't have to pay extra to leave a truck and trailer in the spacious parking lot. The show and swap aren't as good though for sure.
What's wrong with Goldie?

I'd guess north of the hill next to the turnpike. Every year I've journeyed from the Motor City on Thursday theirs been more then a few haulerz and wagonz already parked there on the groundz just before the exit

I think they have some other spots off the grounds that they use too. It probably depends on the size of the show.

Just park the truck / trailer at the back of the motel parking lot and go. It always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. . .

Just park the truck / trailer at the back of the motel parking lot and go. It always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. . .
There is no back to the parking lot which is why I earthed it. I agree though, leave it there but you'll have to get a back to back spot OR back the trailer over the curb onto the lawn.

Geez, probably 02 or 03. Point is the Carlisle people will go out of their way. The community around the Nationals done not want them there

Columbus might as well be 50 miles from National Trail Raceway.

Back