WANTED Trunk hinge bracket for 70 Polara convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything special about that piece that it couldn't be fabricated.

Alan

Did somebody once mention a salvage yard on the east coast, maybe in Georgia, that had a few older mopar convertibles? If so please share the name of the yard. Greatly appreciated.
AMS Obsolete Fairmount, Georgia

20181206_073504.jpg

Received part from Murray but my body guy says it isn't matching up. Murray said piece he sent me came from a 69 polara convertible. I have to stop by body shop to see what is going on.

Not sure if anyone can see the differences in the two brackets and tell me why the one on the left that I received is different. I was told it (bracket to the left) is a drivers side from a 69 polara convertible. I am comparing it to my passenger side 70 polara convertible. The bracket that I received doesn't seem to have and angle or bend to it.

bracket differences.jpg

problem is the one on the right is what is in my convertible. Also on the first page of this thread someone uploaded a picture of the bracket in their car and and looks like mine.

Yes, the one on the left looks exactly like my '70 Chrysler, June build date. Perhaps there was a design change from '69 to '70, or even mid-year, or maybe the Dodge bracket is different from the Chrysler? I think the angle is the important factor here. The hard top bracket is almost straight compared to the convertible. Is that an extra bend at the foot or is it just cut differently?

Yes, the one on the left looks exactly like my '70 Chrysler, June build date. Perhaps there was a design change from '69 to '70, or even mid-year, or maybe the Dodge bracket is different from the Chrysler? I think the angle is the important factor here. The hard top bracket is almost straight compared to the convertible. Is that an extra bend at the foot or is it just cut differently?
I believe someone wrote that there was a difference from the Dodge to Chrysler brackets. I wish it was as simple as maybe cutting it and folding it a little but my guy said there were some other differences as well so my search for the part resumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back