Trunk Hinges - 1965 Sports Fury

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Restoring my 65 Sports Fury convertible. Trunk hinges useable but bent making trunk difficult to close. Does anyone know if the hinges from a hardtop would work or do the have to be from a convertible. There is a number etched into the side of the hinge and if someone has a hardtop, it would be extremely helpful if you could get the number and share it. I have had trouble with obtaining parts in the past because people think convertibles and hardtops are interchangeable or 65’s and 66’s are interchangeable and as a result I end up with parts that are of no use to me. If I have the part number, it helps me in my search. Thanks in advance

To verify the sameness or lack thereof, you can download a Chrysler parts book at www.mymopar.com. That would verify the issue IF the part numbers for the hinges are the same for hardtops and convertibles, I suspect. At least at the OEM production level.

Remember, too, that just drilling an extra hole in the same hinge, for whatever reason, will generate a different part number at the OEM level. Which is where the Hollander Interchange Manual comes into play. It will indicate if you need that extra hole or not, generally, for example. End result is that the pool of potential parts might be wider than suspected.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Restoring my 65 Sports Fury convertible. Trunk hinges useable but bent making trunk difficult to close. Does anyone know if the hinges from a hardtop would work or do the have to be from a convertible. There is a number etched into the side of the hinge and if someone has a hardtop, it would be extremely helpful if you could get the number and share it. I have had trouble with obtaining parts in the past because people think convertibles and hardtops are interchangeable or 65’s and 66’s are interchangeable and as a result I end up with parts that are of no use to me. If I have the part number, it helps me in my search. Thanks in advance
Went to a salvage yard today here in the Phoenix area. They had two 65 convertibles, both had all the trunk hinges and all four hinges had been sprung! AHHHHH! Doing more research, it seems that maybe, just maybe all 65 Fury's had the same hinges. Have 4 more 65's spotted and will check out tomorrow. Found some nice trim today but very limited. I bought a few pieces because you buy these stuff when you see it.

Anyone looking for parts, let me know; won't be any markups. Anybody with any knowledge if all 65 hinges are the same, appreciate the comments. Anybody have any hinges, I am a buyer!

If 65 New Yorker hinges will work I have a good pair right here in Phoenix.

If 65 New Yorker hinges will work I have a good pair right here in Phoenix.
That would be great if it is possible to determine if they will work. What part of this village are you in or can you send pictures? I see you in Waddell. Is that Waddell like West Waddell avenue bu all the car dealers?

That would be great if it is possible to determine if they will work. What part of this village are you in or can you send pictures?
I'm in Waddell. 183rd Ave & Glendale Ave. They look just like the ones on my 65 Fury.

Back