trunk key OEM blank

I do not have the 59-66 blanks John showed above, they are available on EB, but I never found a good price on them.

I had to look around for a while, but I found 3 sets for $9 shipped. I thought that was a good deal.

The issues with the Curtis cutters is the codes I pull off the old key, if it's that bad, may not work.

My keys work... They are a little "fussy" though. One ignition key was cut with the blank not correctly positioned and the key has to be pulled out slightly to work. I have good trunk keys, but it's obvious that I have to do something with the ignition keys... Another direct copy won't be any better.

I had to look around for a while, but I found 3 sets for $9 shipped. I thought that was a good deal.

My keys work... They are a little "fussy" though. One ignition key was cut with the blank not correctly positioned and the key has to be pulled out slightly to work. I have good trunk keys, but it's obvious that I have to do something with the ignition keys... Another direct copy won't be any better.
$9 for 6 keys is a very good deal for those, I hope you grabbed them. The key that was cut a bit off works fine for me... the gauge reads the depths and the cutter spaces automatically.

You guys are welcome to work the clipper yourself, if you like.

FWIW, a vintage ILCO manual key cutter used in every hardware store in the 50's is just as accurate in duplicating a key as a state of the art Laser machine.

il_570xN.439410915_ahjq.jpg

FWIW, a vintage ILCO manual key cutter used in every hardware store in the 50's is just as accurate in duplicating a key as a state of the art Laser machine.

View attachment 174862
I want one... but even if I find the machine cheap enough, shipping kills it for me.

Stan, that kind of machine can cut to code in skilled hands using a set of keys cut for depth and spacing. 5 depths would equal 5 keys cut so each is one depth at every space... then the operator cuts one depth at a time and changes depth keys for the next cut.

As you guys know, I just bought a 1970 Polara 'vert from a seller originally from Pottstown, PA. The car came with two sets of reproduction keys + 1 likely original key (for doors & ignition; the trunk key was missing).

To minimize the risk that things might get lost between now and Carlisle, I bought "OEM" blanks from Wolf Security Hardwares on eBay (Lot of 4 Chrysler Mopar Logo OEM Ignition Door Y152 Trunk Y149 Key Blanks | eBay ) and got two sets made at the local hardware store.

The good news is that all of them work.

The surprising fact is that they all look different. I took back and front pictures, for folks to see. The faded out one is the original key, the red set was ordered by the seller's mum as a present to him (I also got a cool key ring with Dodge's fratzog emblem, which he asked me to take good care of -- I will), the brass one seem to have been made by a local locksmith in Pottstown (see the markings), and the shiny ones between the red and brass sets are the "OEM" ones from Wolf.

IMG_0110.jpg

As you can see, the supposedly original (single key) and Wolf's are the closest -- but even they are different.

IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:
#7 #8 are the tougher to find ones. If folk want those they'll have to find/purchase them on EB themselves. I can still let them use my stuff for the cutting if they like.

I can find no meaning to the letter stamped on the originals... but I would look for it on anything claiming to be original and be careful there have been reproductions that show signs of what appears to be sand casting. I have some like that (look sand cast).

Back