TRUNK SPATTER PAINT

As mentioned, o'rielys has the duplicolor. The ones around here only had 2 on the shelf. I must have bought out all of northeaat FL spatter paint lol

Why not add the clear anyway, even if it didn't need it? Just another layer of protection.

As mentioned, o'rielys has the duplicolor. The ones around here only had 2 on the shelf. I must have bought out all of northeaat FL spatter paint lol

Why not add the clear anyway, even if it didn't need it? Just another layer of protection.
Zac, can you make out what's going on with this Duplicato thing.
I bought about 10 cans of the DM. The last several were to repair the area that got ruined by water on an area I missed sealing.

Why wouldn't you want to clear coat it anyway!? Protects ur splatter paint and looks great!!?

Why wouldn't you want to clear coat it anyway!? Protects ur splatter paint and looks great!!?
I think the issue has moved on to the question, Why have some of us had water damage to the paint and others have paint that is water resistant.

I think the issue has moved on to the question, Why have some of us had water damage to the paint and others have paint that is water resistant.
Someone with more paint experience should chime in here, but with my limited experience with this type if paint, relative humidity outside, and the condensation within the can's propellant inside, could have an adverse affect to proper adhesion. The can states it is enamel, but what exactly is the "splatter"? It can't be the same composition as the background color or it would coalesce when shaking the can and you would just get grey paint. In other words, you guys in Florida need to take precautions. Try a test where the panel and the can are in the same cool dry environment.

Zac, can you make out what's going on with this Duplicato thing.
I bought about 10 cans of the DM. The last several were to repair the area that got ruined by water on an area I missed sealing.

Idk my man.... I do know when I was doing my trunk, after the first coat dried, I tried scrubbing the big brown splotches from the undercoating off with a rag, and some cleaner. It took some away, but also took some of the spatter paint with it.

Thats when I figured it really needed a clear coat. After the clear, everything was fine.

Maybe each batch of paint is different? Idk lol

I found a can of the splatter paint, I'm still trying to find the new trunk paint so I can try them side by side.

Back