turn signals relay dodge polara 1970

jockev8

Reaction score
hello. my turn signals don´t work and i guess it is the relay but i cant find it in my car.

the car is a Dodge polara custom 1970. the "side-lights"/position-lights" is same as the turnlights. the work but wont blink.

were is the relay to be found in this car?

sorry about the bad English but i am from sweden:busted:

They are typically behind the radio or right in that area. There are two on the car. One is for the turn signals and the other is the hazards. They should look like this.

download.jpg

download.jpg

okay, thank you. 'll see if i manage to find otherwise, I will return. one can access it without tearing down half the car or take out the radio?

by the way, neither the turn or hazzard works only the parkinglights witch is in same

If they have both quit it is likely not the flashers that have gone bad. It is more likely the turn/hazard switch in the column or the wiring going through the column. I will see if I can find a diagram so I can tell you how to bypass the switch and see if it works. Give me just a bit.

If you unhook the turn signal switch from the column turn the ignition switch on and have a jumper wire do the following. Jumper from the red wire to the brown on the harness side and that should flash the right rear. Then go from red to dark green and that should do the left rear. Red to lt green and that is the left front then finally red to the tan wire which would be the right front. If that all works then it is not the flasher it is the switch or wiring in the column. Should be a bit easier to test than pulling half of the car apart.

Back