Type of Champion Plug for 1968 383 ?

Yes, it is a bit daunting. Especially when you find out most of the people working in auto parts stores don’t seem to know much beyond reading a computer screen and even online articles can contradict each other and forums can be worse.

When people like you do these types of actions, and expect others to know anything, and don't do their own homework as to what's really needed. You'll run into these problems of wrong parts that'll only make more work for you, and empty your wallet to fix!! Good Luck

Seems that when WE were younger when the cars were new or just used cars, you had to know how to read the catalogs to get the right parts. In current times, it's all done by keying in items into a drop down menu or sorts and what results is what "the catalog says". THEN it also must be understood that the current demographics of auto parts people on the counter are waayyyy younger than the vehicle they are looking up parts are. Which means "learning experience/ojt" for them. Nothing the matter with that, but it can yield frustrations when they ask questions, sometimes.

BUT some similar frustrations happened back then, too, as the person behind the counter seemed to have zilch in product knowledge of the vehicles, sometimes. Which made finding a good parts person a good thing to do. Once found, work with them and get the right parts the first time, usually. Whether at an auto supply or at a dealership.

Before going to the auto supply, go into their website and look up your own parts, then with the correct store info, you can check their inventory for availability and pricing . . . at least for the chain stores. Or you can also go into www.rockauto.com and look around, too, to see what might be available and at what possible pricing.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Seems that when WE were younger when the cars were new or just used cars, you had to know how to read the catalogs to get the right parts. In current times, it's all done by keying....

Or you can also go into www.rockauto.com and look around, too, to see what might be available and at what possible pricing.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

WISE WORDS! I use Rock for my baseline parts reference, though I look for stuff at Summit, Speedway and Jegs quite a bit too. Alas for J.C. Whitney! I remember when THEY were the folks' default reference....

Back