Usually as you get older you lose your marbles...

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My brother Owen found a tea coloured marble with a hint of chrome in our backyard a few weeks ago while working on our brick pathway.
I kind of remembered seeing one similar but dismissed the thought until I found my original one I had come across many decades ago and kept in my stash of memorabilia.
I compared the two and they are nearly identical.
What’s the chances of this happening?
Owen figures that the marbles are over 100 years old since he combs the local flea markets
They usually sell for approximately 10-12$ each

7DA2BDBE-3C10-45F6-8C81-CD48E8EF4080.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool.

I collect antique things too. I have a bunch of stuff from my great grandparents house from Milwaukee including stained glass windows, a high point steel and beveled glass interior door, wall mounted gas lamps that are over 120 years old. And an electric floor lamp that is about 100 years old.

DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG

I have the addiction as well for collecting but try to keep it in check
Here’s a small sample of my tool collection
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Fancy glass tool box

Thanks. I got lucky that the previous owner was a collector as well and built cabinets into the wall for displaying his treasures which now display my treasures :lol:
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG

2012-12-05 07.35.58.jpg

Last edited:
Why is “Never Dull” in an antique tool collection? I still use that stuff!

Flashback.....

I used Never Dull and Brasso 40+ years ago to clean and shine the brass on my Dress Greens and Khaki uniforms when I was in the Army!

Why is “Never Dull” in an antique tool collection? I still use that stuff!

It'd good old stuff to use:lol:
It's older than you realize, i just kept it in good shape until i used it up and find an actual vintage can & this is where i have started losing my marbles...

Back