Vacation in US ( FL ) Where to go for parts ?

PeterB Denmark

Reaction score
Hello
Thank you very much for welcome here and all the information.
Maby someone could point me in the right direction for a place/shop in Florida to pick up new parts ?
I am going to spend some vacation time in central Florida very soon. And i would like to pick up the last bits and pices for the engine and steering while i am there. ( I am in the middle of winter overhaul on my 72 NewYorker, engine and transmission )
i could order from RockAuto again and try to have it shipped to our hotel, but i would be great to order it, and then pick up my self.
I am looking for :
-PCV valve. engine
-Steering coupler repair kit
-steering Rag joint ( i am hoping Dorman 31002 would fit )
-washer fluid bottle ( might have to find that used/ from a yard ? )
-mopar restouration clips kit for engine bay
-mopar restouration bolt kit for engine bay

To check out used parts, i am thinking about visiting J&J Cars and parts Starke FL.
Has any of you guys been there ?

BR Peter

I will be driving by J&J's this Friday. It's our annual pilgrimage to Lake City to our accountant, then on to Green Cove to spend the weekend with the kids/grandkids. @PeterB Denmark, what are you looking for from his place? If Jerry is there I'll look around for you.

Hey OP, wouldn't you want new items you have listed?
J&J is a pretty cool yard to visit, but, you aren't going to get anything cheap for there. Maybe go rent a PO box at a UPS store when you get here and have your new parts shipped there?
Ditto on Starke speed traps! Don't speed!
Here is a local FL guy that sells engine bolts. I bought a set for my car, used most of them, factory fastener quality is probably far better though. I had no issues.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1888686001?i...z7v-zoHa4fPmlm1-V4GVP8EbdPBWez3MaAvx5EALw_wcB

I will be driving by J&J's this Friday. It's our annual pilgrimage to Lake City to our accountant, then on to Green Cove to spend the weekend with the kids/grandkids. @PeterB Denmark, what are you looking for from his place? If Jerry is there I'll look around for you.
Hello and thank you very much.
That weekend trip sounds fantastic. And yes if you end up visiting J&J`s then tell him that he will have a Mopar vistit from Denmark soon.
It would propably only be the washerfluid bottle that i would try to find there. Maby some bits and peaces for the interior.. ( Mine is w Green interior also ) So yes if he has a green 72 N.Y. please tell me. I would also very much like to walk around and see that yard :)
thanks.
Peter

Hey OP, wouldn't you want new items you have listed?
J&J is a pretty cool yard to visit, but, you aren't going to get anything cheap for there. Maybe go rent a PO box at a UPS store when you get here and have your new parts shipped there?
Ditto on Starke speed traps! Don't speed!
Here is a local FL guy that sells engine bolts. I bought a set for my car, used most of them, factory fastener quality is probably far better though. I had no issues.
MOPAR Big Block 383 400 413 426 Wedge 440 Stainless Steel Engine Allen Bolt Kit for sale online | eBay
Hello. Great. thanks a lot.
Yes... the parts listed is something i want to find new. exept the wash bottle, i can not find that.
I will try to find a shipping adress. the last week we are renting an apartment in Ft.Myers i am trying to get the adress for that place.
Thanks for the speeding advice. Yes we will go slow around Starke :) We are used to VERY expensive tickets here in DK, so i am constantly trying to keep that speed down..
Br.
Peter

Hello and thank you very much.
That weekend trip sounds fantastic. And yes if you end up visiting J&J`s then tell him that he will have a Mopar vistit from Denmark soon.
It would propably only be the washerfluid bottle that i would try to find there. Maby some bits and peaces for the interior.. ( Mine is w Green interior also ) So yes if he has a green 72 N.Y. please tell me. I would also very much like to walk around and see that yard :)
thanks.
Peter
Peter, If he is not there Friday I'll try again Sunday on our way home. I'll let you know what I find. Ed

Stopped by J&J's. Found 2 72's, a Newport
20200221_161522.jpg
and a New Yorker
20200221_162119.jpg
. Both very rough. No washer reservoirs in either, don't know what other years, makes, or models may have used the same. Jerry has a van full of washer reservoirs he has removed over the years, very likely they are in there if you know what they look like. The Newport does have a green interior
20200221_161414.jpg
you be the judge. I took some pics of most the "C" bodies I came across. I can post them here or start a new thread if anyone is interested.

Hello Ed. Thank you very much for looking. Wow Jerrys yard looks like a cool place. I am very shurre i will find some usefull bits and parts. I all ready told the wife and kids that all our bags must and will be used to bring home NewYorker parts :)

@PeterB Denmark. Jerry is a good guy but does things on his terms. He does not have a cell phone or computer. His wife used to answer the phone and take messages, he would return calls. She passed away this past November so you have to hopefully catch him by the phone. Outside of traveling to swap meets he plans things day to day. All you can do is call, if he answers and says he will be around the next day, that is your window of opportunity. It's about a 275 mile (450km) drive from Fort Myers up to his place. If Disney is in your itinerary it's about halfway between. I have his home number and shop number if you want, I'll PM them to you.

@PeterB Denmark -- What interior bits and pieces do you need? Might be able to help your '72 using a green '73 NYB.
Hello Ayilar. Oh sorry i only saw this message now. Havent had much time here on FCBO since our trip to FL. I never made it all the way up to Jerry`s. Hope i can do that on another trip. But if you have a 73 NYB sitting i would be interested in parts from that. Could you send me a message with a few pictures of the car. BR. Peter

Hello Ayilar (...) if you have a 73 NYB sitting i would be interested in parts from that. Could you send me a message with a few pictures of the car

I do have a ‘73 NYB in excellent cosmetic condition but she’s being brought back on the road — no parting out is planned. The car to which I was linking was for sale at the time and would have been a good parts car. It was for sale for a long time but I haven’t seen it recently.

@71Polara383 parted out a ‘73 last year or the one before and has parts left I think. If you need specific parts, PM him?

Back