Valve cover breathers, smaller than 1 inch??

ideologist

Reaction score
I have a set of old Cal Custom valve covers, they are sweet.

Unluckily, they have a smaller than modern standard hole, 1" diameter.

Are there any valve cover grommets that fit 1" and valve cover breathers with PCV hose hookups that will fit this?

I can find plenty of 1-1/4" and 1" neck breathers, but I'll need something smaller. Ideally with a smaller than 5/8" hose connector. If you can point me to something like this in polished aluminum, stainless, or chrome I will send you a free gift bag of the stuff I bought that I can't use.

Attached is a photo of what I would like, just smaller. (Pictured is a 5/8" PCV hookup and a 1" neck to plug into the valve cover)

Thank you for reading!!

20200831_231057.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same challenge. Could not find what you looking for, so went it about a little different, used standard PVC, and hose on one valve cover. The opposite valve cover used breather from Summit part no BSP-20950, Billet Specialties. This has ribs on breather - that are close to valve covers. Also use this as my oil fill. (I'd post a picture, buy my i phone will not connect to the flux capacitor.

I found Spectre Performance 4290, it appears to have a 3/4 neck. This may be what I'm looking for

Update: The Spectre 4290 was a perfect fit. They have crap reviews so hopefully it doesn't leak, but I'll buy a few of them to have handy and maybe touch up the hidden seams with RTV or structural epoxy

Back