Very nice 1965 Fury for sale in Atlanta & an E-body in LA for giggles (not mine)

PH27L7

Reaction score
The Fury looks to be turn key but the straight pipes would have to go. Likely not many E-body lovers here but it's a rare one- a non-Cuda but optioned like one. The Cuda will likely be gone in short order IMHO (provided title issue resolvable).
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/lilburn-1965-plymouth-fury-iii/7199263445.html

1965 Plymouth Fury III Reconditioned Barn find - $11,950 (Lilburn)
Reconditioned All original Survivor. In covered storage for over 30 years. This classic car is an exceptional example of a numbers matching, unmolested, all original Mopar beauty. Recent repaint in Original light blue color on body. Roof repaint in bright white. I purchased this car almost 2 years ago and have over 700 hours of labor and thousands in parts to bring her to a mechanically sound condition that you could drive anywhere. I have put over 2000 miles on her. Runs and drives like a dream. Engine, transmission, drivetrain, braking system, electrical and cosmetics are in great condition. New tires, Rebuilt carb, power steering pump, New fuel pump, brakes, brake hoses, wheel cylinders starter, water pump, distributor, points, plugs, wires, cap condenser, thermostat, heater hoses, belts, oil pressure switch, tires, front inner and outer wheel bearings, axle bearings, transmission filter, front and rear Gas shocks and much much more...Original #'s matching 318 Poly V8 2bbl and original 727 Torqueflight automatic transmission. *Rare Factory AC* Factory undercoat, power steering,lighting package, clock. All gauges and lights work. Average condition valued at $12,700 by Hagerty valuation. This car is way above average. If you drive her, you will likely buy her. Cash only...

65 fury 1.jpg
65 fury 2.jpg
65 fury 3.jpg
65 fury 4.jpg
65 fury 5.jpg
65 fury 6.jpg
65 fury 7.jpg
65 fury 8.jpg

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/riverside-1970-plymouth-barracuda-4/7204625953.html
1970 plymouth Barracuda 4 speed big block HP - $28,500
1970 Barracuda California Dry Dry zero rust never ever any zero Rare to find like this condition and complete,Car Vin number shows 383 HiPo with 4 speed pistol grip. All original no rust and probably the driest one you will ever find to restore. I cannot find 1 rust spot. Been in a barn since 1989 needs tlc and clean title 951..965 -84.two8
cuda 01.jpg
cuda 1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool E. ev2 with a t5 interior. oddly it appears like a y4 interior but I've not seen that on a barracuda before, only a challenger.
I've asked for a fender tag readout as I'm always looking for an m46 and would love to find one with no rust. All mine are very very rusty.
Looks like original paint though so probably doesn't have the option I'm after.
I bet he added 20K onto the car after pulling it from the barn. Kinda ridiculous.

Thanks for posting it. At least one person on here is very appreciative! thanks

Cool E. ev2 with a t5 interior. oddly it appears like a y4 interior but I've not seen that on a barracuda before, only a challenger.
I've asked for a fender tag readout as I'm always looking for an m46 and would love to find one with no rust. All mine are very very rusty.
Looks like original paint though so probably doesn't have the option I'm after.
I bet he added 20K onto the car after pulling it from the barn. Kinda ridiculous.

Thanks for posting it. At least one person on here is very appreciative! thanks
Never heard of the M46 option, always learning something new. Appears to be a 2-tone lower black treatment with trim, reminiscent of '69 GTX. I think it looks much better without but everyone has their personal preferences. Agree with the price markup, guy probably thought he stumbled on a gold mine. Rust free is the rarest option on these cars.

Rust free is definitely the rarest option on these cars!
I don't think even rust free is even worth 28K though.
There is no fender tag.
All the T5 parts are rough so they would need replacing and the T5 parts are very difficult to find.
Front passengers fender has had a small dent that was repainted at some point but the rest of the paint is original. What's left of it.
Unfortunately I would think that this car would never be restored and is destined to a promod or hemi conversion. No fender tag. So someone who buys it will have a muscle car in mind to start with. Especially if they pay 28K for the car. I personally feel that the car is worth 15-19K or somewhere in that range. Even with the lack of rust. I would also assume after buying it for that purpose that when the new owner finds the build sheet behind the seat he won't be looking for a restoration anyway and the sheet will mean nothing.
I like hot rods, I like rat rods but I also like restored cars and an ev2 with a T5 & D21 is a worthy candidate for restoration being a lowly bh code barracuda and not a cuda or gran coupe.
Sorry to ramble. I don't write much on the C body stuff as I have years of learning yet. But you throw out an e body and I'll blab my fingers off about it.

Unmolested, all original...

Recent repaint.
Roof repaint in bright white.
There must be a shortage of a.c. belts.
It has twin pulleys but only one belt. AC isn't really rare on Fury IIIs in my experience. I would agree on Fury Is and I Is.
Nice car. I miss my old Sport Fury.

Unmolested, all original...

Recent repaint.
Roof repaint in bright white.
There must be a shortage of a.c. belts.
It has twin pulleys but only one belt. AC isn't really rare on Fury IIIs in my experience. I would agree on Fury Is and I Is.
Nice car. I miss my old Sport Fury.
Too many visible problems with this one. Makes me wonder what type of work he did in it.
As mentioned missing belt
Upper read hose needs to be trimmed and reinstalled
Dash and rear deck have been butchered for a stereo
Missing trim around rear taillights
Take a close look at the pics of the brakes. No self adjusting cable. The adjuster is all the way in because the shoes aren’t in full contact with the anchor. Probably a bad or improperly adjusted emergency cable. To me if you fix brakes like that then I can only imagine the other problems you will find.

Take a close look at the pics of the brakes. No self adjusting cable. The adjuster is all the way in because the shoes aren’t in full contact with the anchor. Probably a bad or improperly adjusted emergency cable. To me if you fix brakes like that then I can only imagine the other problems you will find.
Possibly a snapshot before it was all put together properly?
But it's not a picture to this car, so...

upload_2020-9-29_23-26-27.png

Re: Fury-
Tough crowd here. I see the various issues but to me they are all trivial & can be corrected for little money provided the buyer does his own work. Paint/ body, total mechanical rebuild, trashed interior are things that eat time & money & these don't appear to be required. The brake thing is a funny head scratcher, what car with left hand threads has coil springs?

I don't speak for everyone, and didn't have anything to say on teh car until now, but...
$12k Fury 3 with Poly and bench/column is at the top of the price range, and those small things should already be corrected.
Dashpad and dash bezels should be in nicer condition, and no missing trim pieces, or damaged trim pieces.

And - if it was only those little things. There are noticeable cuts in teh rear seat, while the front seat shows a hint of a cover, with no description as to its condition.

So when seller says 'cosmetics are in great condition', I'm a little skeptical that.

upload_2020-9-30_19-4-7.png

Back