Vintage Chrysler Corp dealership pics

1664241174265.png

Here are a couple of bad pics (pics of a picture) of Gerdon auto sales in Corydon Indiana. Got the dodge dealership in 1965, got Chrysler - Plymouth in 1968. This pic was taken in 73-74 based on the cars in the pics, Mr Gerdon sold the franchise around 2013-14ish, sold used cars up until a few years back, property was eventually sold, county bought it now, tore it down, it's a park now. I was able to buy all the new car folders for everything he sold from 1965-80 before everything was thrown in the trash.
IMG_20221224_150612171.jpg
IMG_20221224_150626766.jpg

There was a Sam Dell Chrysler-Plymouth in Richmond Va., they closed probably in the late '80's or early '90's.

Sam Dell Chrysler-Plymouth was located at 5300 Midlothian Turnpike (Rt 60) on the south side of Richmond, Virginia. It might still be in Chesterfield County if the City of Richmond has not annexed it by now.

I moved out of state in 1980. The dealership name progression as I remember it for the Midlothian Turnpike location:
Richmond Chrysler-Plymouth
Sam Dell Chrysler-Plymouth
Pearson Chrysler or Pearson Dodge
Pearson Dodge closed sometime in 2019
Two local Chrysler dealerships to close

Screenshot_20240224-221958~2.png
Screenshot_20240224-222100~2.png

Currently, there is Pearson CDJR on the west side of Richmond in Henrico County:

8250 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23294-4125

Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Dealer Richmond VA | Pearson CDJR

_____________________________________'
Side note for Richmond Chrysler-Plymouth: Jess Duboy did lots of advertising for them (and others).

Richmond Ad Legend Jess Duboy Dead at Age 79

Remembering Jess Duboy:

Sam Dell Chrysler-Plymouth was located at 5300 Midlothian Turnpike (Rt 60) on the south side of Richmond, Virginia. It might still be in Chesterfield County if the City of Richmond has not annexed it by now.

I moved out of state in 1980. The dealership name progression as I remember it for the Midlothian Turnpike location:

View attachment 646297View attachment 646298

Currently, there is Pearson CDJR on the west side of Richmond in Henrico County:

8250 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23294-4125

Side note for Richmond Chrysler-Plymouth: Jess Duboy did lots of advertising for them (and others).

Remembering Jess Duboy:

There was a guy that worked there in the body shop that drove an AAR Cuda with a Hemi in it.

View attachment 646297View attachment 646298

8250 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23294-4125

Remembering Jess Duboy:

Sam Dell was based in Syracuse. Three generations.. I think Dell senior was actually named Salvatore Deliano or something like that. Senior had a really good business going... He had two dealerships in Syracuse. one right in Syracuse and then Donahue Dodge in nearby Cicero. As I understand it, his dealerships actually owned the cars on his floor plan, not the bank. Keep in mind that the mob was big in the car dealerships around here and Dell's was no exception. Lot's of mob money floating around.

He had a huge "estate" near me in Camillus, NY. I think they called it the Angus ranch or something like that. There used to be a guy at the entrance that made sure no one drove up to his house.

He died... and Sam Dell Jr, proceeded to put the dealership and everything else up his nose. Sam Dell III tried to resurrect everything but it was too far gone. I'm sure Sam Sr is still rolling in his grave.

1708911060926.png

A donut shop and dollar store now.

Dell.jpg

Back