Vintage Review: 1969 Chrysler Newport (Curbside Classic)

I used to be addicted to CC but after a few years I got tired of the comments section where only 1 guy out of 10 could make a significant contribution and the other nine were, "Nice Lincoln" kind of guys.

I used to be addicted to CC but after a few years I got tired of the comments section where only 1 guy out of 10 could make a significant contribution and the other nine were, "Nice Lincoln" kind of guys.

I notice what you refer to about CC but maybe it has changed over the years as I don't see too much of it. Of course I could be considered to be guilty of it when I see a car and say I love it. I learned that from "dematt". :poke: Where you see a ton of it is on Bring a Trailer. Most everyone there is praising the car, the owner, or one another with few knowledgeable comments.

I also used to be a regular on CC. I came to the realization that CC is a site for old car spotters, not old car OWNERS. Most of the commentators are of the strictly "armchair quarterback" variety.

I went into self-imposed exile because the guy who owns the site had a chip on his shoulder directed at me. He's driven away other enthusiastic, knowledgeable participants with his attitude too. The key to not getting on his bad side is to never question his opinion.

I still lurk there sometimes but refuse to participate unless the management changes. A shame, since I enjoyed writing the occasional article to post on CC and I made a few online friends there. Thankfully most of them are either here or on FB also.

I'm right with you. I'm amazed at the guys who've been posting damn-near the same comments for a decade. I think a lot of them are special-people posting from inside institutions.

That article is representative of the usual mopar bashing.
Talk about revisionist history. They even try to to twist a positive quote from Road Test into a negative. Puffy and soft?
I recall them being considered major styling advancement. The curved flush side glass and smooth “C” pillar to qtr panel detail in particular. The 300 and Polara grilles were gorgeous i.m.o.
Collectible Automobile had a much more accurate article on the Fuselage cars.

Back