Voltage limiter questions

Bigfritch

Reaction score
On my 1966 Fury do I hook the voltage limiter to the fuel and temp gauge only? Or do I limit the voltage to the entire cluster? Sorry if I sound dumb this is all new to me I have never rewired a car or anything for that matter.

I do not have one. I bought the car completely gutted of wires. I'm doing one of the painless kits but luckily I seen a post about needing to limit voltage before I hooked up the cluster. It's just not clear do I limit just the fuel and temp or the full cluster.

Last edited:
I do not have one. I bought the car completely gutted of wires. I'm doing one of the painless kits but luckily I seen a post about needing to limit voltage before I hooked up the cluster. It's just not clear do I limit just the fuel and temp or the full cluster.

Just the fuel and temp gauge run off the limiter, '66 Plymouth Furys had the voltage limiter integral to the gas gauge, so if it works, you already have a limiter. If you plan to install an after market unit, you will first need to wire past the unit on the gas gauge. There is a post on this site that details how to make the modification. Post by member Labradorian "66 Fury gauge cluster woes) among others.

Dave

Back