WANTED Wanted Original 1968 C body Trunk Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted. Original 1968 C body Trunk Mat in really good condition

For which C Body? Fury, Polara/Monaco or Chrysler? I can tell you that based on my 30+ years of experience with 1968 Fury's that the correct trunk mat is the herringbone pattern. The plaid pattern is incorrect as that pattern was used in 1967 & 1969 and then in 1970, MOPAR switched to a different herringbone pattern. Dante's sells REM brand trunk mats that are nice and he can get the herringbone pattern. I doubt that you will find a good 50+ year old trunk mat.

Agree with the above as to "50+ year old trunk mat". On the Chryslers, the lower-level models (as Newports) had a thick, molded-pattern rubber mat. Rubber got old and brittle. Moving them disintegrated them, by observation. Replace with carpet from New Yorkers, with the correct side "bindings", non-rubber-coated backing, to protect the floorpan from condensate accumulation on the back of the rubber mat. Perhaps the thinner vinyl mats are not quite so succeptible to such condensate accumulation?

My '70 Dodge Monaco Brougham had the carpet trunk mat from the factory. NO evidence of condensate ever accumulating in the stiffening beads on the trunk floor. Go black in color with a matching spare tire cover. Might not be "factory", but will look nice and protect the trunk floor in the future. FWIW, the pattern on the '66 and '67 Chrysler Newport trunk mats mimicked the loop carpeting inside the car.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back