Wanting to buy a 1972 imperial coupe

AussieFellaWithaCbody

Who am i? How did i get here?
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to buy a 1972 Imperial coupe to go to a good home. the only requirements are a Clean title and for it to run and drive even if barely. I have looked everywhere with no luck however I am willing to spend up to $12k maybe more... please let me know if you find one or if you are willing to let one go. Thanks in advance. ps. what are my chances?

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 1972 Imperial coupe to go to a good home. the only requirements are a Clean title and for it to run and drive even if barely. I have looked everywhere with no luck however I am willing to spend up to $12k maybe more... please let me know if you find one or if you are willing to let one go. Thanks in advance. ps. what are my chances?
Probably better because you've joined this forum. Even better as the guys can be on the lookout for a good car for you.

I believe there's a company in California which specializes in preparing cars for shipping to Australia by removing and certifying they have removed all asbestos and I guess degassing the air conditioning system to meet Australian import requirements.

Shame you're not here in NZ where such things aren't necessary, just biosecurity inspection and a safety inspection, then register the car and happy motoring.

A Google check brought up bosskraft.com a company which offer asbestos removal- located in Arizona and California, look them up and find out the $$$$ involved.

I hope the guys can source a great car for you. Www.imperialclub.com has lots of helpful information. The pages on 1972 say that only 2322 coupes were made for that year, I'm sure someone can locate or has one for you.

Best wishes

Last edited:
How about this one:
1972 Chrysler Imperial
$15,000
Vehicles
Listed 37 weeks ago in Ponchatoula, LA
Seller information
Larry Peart
Joined Facebook in 2009
Message Again

Larry Peart
RHfRIQywfyU.png

Joined Facebook in 2009
29546477568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=d6HM6Gx2mvgAX9lnvsC&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

66201759744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=S28SKOdZTQYAX_6ZJbZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

93974171648_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=11JHz2dI-joAX_jgo-0&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl3-1.jpg

I received no response when I repeatedly tried to contact this seller, the last time it was listed on fb. Either a flake or a scam.

I looked on the facebook page of the seller and a there is a post of him with the car getting it ready for the next car show...

Wasn't there a picture of the fender tag somewhere on this board? I recall saying that I bet the car used to be be golden and someone confirmed with the tag

Back