Weather stripping

mopar Joe 65

Reaction score
Has anyone installed or know of a video on roof rail weather stripping for a 65 fury hardtop ? I have the rubber but I don’t know if I need to use adhesive on it or not ? It looks like it just slides in the channel ? Any help is appreciated.

Most of it probably be put in dry, but a thin bead of black silicone in the middle of the channel the weatherstrip goes into might help seal things better? Just roll the weatherstrip into the channel and make sure that it fits correctly in ALL places. Might help if you lay it in the sun to get warm, to remove any wrinkles or kinks, before installation.

Leave the 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive "somewhere else", or even the black version.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

The factory put them in dry. Do you have used original rubber or replacements? Replacements may not fit like original.

I have the replacements , the rubber is pretty soft I think I can push it in the track but I don’t know if I will be able to slide it if I need to ? Especially with adhesive on it.

Don’t put adhesive on it! Put it in there and see what you’ve got and how it fits. Shut the doors and windows and check it out.

Don’t start off with glue, only glue it if you have to and after you see how it fits your car.

Rather than "push", put one edge under the lip and roll the rest of it into place, which is how the factory did it. Quick and easy. I concur, use adhesive only if necessary and sparingly if needed. Some like to "make it better than factory", but can also make messes and such with using waaay too much adhesive.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Rather than "push", put one edge under the lip and roll the rest of it into place, which is how the factory did it. Quick and easy. I concur, use adhesive only if necessary and sparingly if needed. Some like to "make it better than factory", but can also make messes and such with using waaay too much adhesive.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Agree.
Once you get the “hang” of inserting the second edge it’s a rather easy install.
I don’t recall using any adhesive on my install.

I installed these last year on the father in laws car, no adhesive. I have to do the seals on the doors now, those glue on.

Back