Welcome, 74monacoHT

Hey, thanks! Just getting back to check the forum.

I just bought a 74 with a swapped front bumper and fenders, concealed headlamps. It'll need some TLC and cleaning up and eventually a coat of paint, but otherwise runs and drives pretty great.

So far I'm just exploring under the hood and underneath to see what's good and not good, get familiar, checking over wiring, etc. I just received a service manual on CD which I hope will clear up a couple mystery gadgets. It seems to have held up well for a 48 year old, and I'm looking forward to restoring some of its former glory. I wanted something huge and unique for my next project and this seems to fit the bill, even though it just barely fits in the garage...

Last edited:
Hey, thanks! Just getting back to check the forum.

I just bought a 74 with a swapped front bumper and fenders, concealed headlamps. It'll need some TLC and cleaning up and eventually a coat of paint, but otherwise runs and drives pretty great.

So far I'm just exploring under the hood and underneath to see what's good and not good, get familiar, checking over wiring, etc. I just received a service manual on CD which I hope will clear up a couple mystery gadgets. It seems to have held up well for a 48 year old, and I'm looking forward to restoring some of its former glory. I wanted something huge and unique for my next project and this seems to fit the bill, even though it just barely fits in the garage...
Look forward to pics!
"Barely fits the garage" How many times have I run into that problem?:rofl:

Back