Welcome Cruiser880 to FCBO!

Cruiser880

Reaction score
Recently inherited a 1965 2dr Custom 880 w/383. Looking to get it back in shape with a rebuild of the motor, tranny, and rear end. It's my first and only classic car and I'm an amateur mechanic at best, so I look forward to learning from the C-body masters!

Hey guys! Here's a few pics. Turns out I don't have any good photos of it at the moment. You'll have to make do with blurry ones and others with the hood off, just started to pull the motor last weekend.

Got the car from Dad, who has had it for 20+ yrs. It's an AZ car, so basically no rust and has it's original color, the desert sun did a number on the interior though. He's kept it running the entire time, but not necessarily trustworthy enough to go for a long drive. The motor seeps oil and the tranny leaks like a sieve.

My goal is to make it into a nice cruiser for Sunday drives and the occasional car show. Of course this will mean getting the motor and tranny rebuilt asap. Interior work in the mid-term. Body work, maybe never, kinda neat to keep it original.

Been a Mopar fan my whole life, but this is my first classic car and i'm not exactly a skilled mechanic. So, i'll definitely be searching the forums for thoughts/ideas/help and will probably be posting some questions. First up, what kind of build for the 383...

Anyhow, very excited to get the car in shape and interact with other C-body folk.

880.jpg

8802.jpg

8803.jpg

8804.jpg

Back