Welcome, Dan B

Thanks! I live in Yucaipa, CA. I have a basket case 1966 Town and Country that I bought out of a junkyard a couple of years ago to celebrate surviving cancer (actually surviving chemo if you know what I mean) and to have a project to work on with my kids. My goal isn't restoration - I just want to get it on the road safely and make it to the In-N-Out drive through with my three kids in the rear facing bench seat :). The 383 runs after a new carb, and the car moves in forward and reverse, but the to-do list is pretty long. Steering box pukes out all of its fluid through the input shaft seal when running. Brake pedal does nothing. Needs simple things like valve cover gaskets, tune-up and a non-rotten exhaust. But I haven't moved forward on any of that because the gas tank is kicking my butt. It was completely swiss cheese on the bottom. Full of screws and epoxy from all of the other owners' "fixes." I'm guessing that's why it ended up in a junkyard in the first place. You have to drop the rear axle to remove the gas tank, so I did that and cleaned it up as best I could, but the sealer product I used failed and I ended up with a leaky tank again. I'd ask if anyone has a gas tank for a 66 T&C but I already know the answer to that :). So I joined for some encouragement and because I've learned a lot browsing through these forums (definitely not because I drool over all of the running, driving cars in the for sale section). She's worth saving, right? Thank you for the welcome.
PXL_20210309_191817852.MP.jpg
PXL_20210309_191839901.MP.jpg
PXL_20210309_191249670.jpg
PXL_20210309_191531278.jpg

Back