Welcome hanks71440 to FCBO!

Welcome aboard from :canada:. Wait....you "inherited" this car!!? You lucky devil. So new to this board and already so high on the "you suck" list LOL. Nice score.

Changing a heater core is a terrible job and since the car overheats anyway, it would be best to just sell it to me cheap in view of all the work it needs! :rolleyes: Who finds a 15K mile 1971 triple black 300 these days with buckets and console no less?

Too bad it doesn't have a/c though, but then I am kind of glad since if it did, I would be trying to buy it from you. :D

But seriously, I wonder why the top of the fender moldings with the integrated turn signal indicators are not present? And is the driver door mirror original - from the photo, it seems to look a bit cludged on, but maybe it is just the reflections I am seeing that throw me off. Is the paint original?

Great score - the 70-71 300s are my favorite cars. :thumbsup:

Yes the driver side door mirror is original as is the paint. The mirror does look funky in the pic because in the background there is a white towel hanging on a brush that was leaning against the garage. I do wish that my old neighbor would have ordered A/C. I am still learning a lot about the 300 series of this generation. Since there were only a little over 7,000 made of the 2-doors, I would need to see a pic of the top fender moldings with the integrated turn signals that you mentioned. So far I have only seen these models with this look. I am looking forward to driving this around this season.

I am still learning a lot about the 300 series of this generation. Since there were only a little over 7,000 made of the 2-doors, I would need to see a pic of the top fender moldings with the integrated turn signals that you mentioned. So far I have only seen these models with this look.

Here is a factory brochure photo showing the top of the fender moldings and integrated turn signal indicators (this is a 1970 model, but they were the same on the 1971s). They were an option, but nearly all of the 71 300s I have seen had them. In any case, I like the way they finish off the look of the car - nice detailing to me.

300s_2.jpg

Here is a factory brochure photo showing the top of the fender moldings and integrated turn signal indicators (this is a 1970 model, but they were the same on the 1971s). They were an option, but nearly all of the 71 300s I have seen had them. In any case, I like the way they finish off the look of the car - nice detailing to me.

300s_2.jpg
I like them a lot. Makes the car look sleek. I'm guessing my neighbor just did not order them on the car.

We have not been to the WDC in about 5 years. We always go up to BtB (Back To The Bricks) in Flint which is on the same day as WDC. A lot more fun and about 10-12,000 cars.
Yep, I should get up there too. Woodward is just so darn close and it's right after the Nats so it's easy to stay put.

Welcome!
Try Hamlin Rd. Rams Horn saturday mornings. Big car club hang out for breakfast. Turns into a car show soon as weather permits.

Welcome!
Try Hamlin Rd. Rams Horn saturday mornings. Big car club hang out for breakfast. Turns into a car show soon as weather permits.
I will do that once this stupid weather gets nicer. Didn't know they had a gathering there on Saturday mornings. Met there for the fall tour last October. Good time

Back