Welcome Jersey Jake to FCBO!

Jersey Jake

Reaction score
My first car was a 1966 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon (with the Newport front end). My father bought it new and I bought it from him in 1974. It was totalled in 1988. I still love that car more than any other I have ever owned.

It is still in my driveway rusting away since 1988. I have another buried in my garage since 1982 that I originally bought for parts. I cut the roof off behind the B posts and moved D posts up with the intention of making an open bed pickup out of it. I started working on it, but life got in the way, marriage, cancer, divorce, poverty, etc., and I haven't touched it since. I have about 2 and a half 66 Chryslers with all of the extra parts, the half being from a Newport 2-door, many parts interchangeable. The pictures are from old snapshots from 40 years ago. If anyone is interested, I need to get rid of all of it. A real project car that needs a lot of work. I am willing to part out some of the extra stuff, but would like to give someone the chance to do bring one back to life first.

IMG_20201025_201511.jpg

IMG_20201025_201212.jpg

IMG_20201025_201402.jpg

IMG_20201025_201647.jpg

IMG_20201025_201818.jpg

Last edited:
My first car was a 1966 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon (with the Newport front end). My father bought it new and I bought it from him in 1974. It was totalled in 1988. I still love that car more than any other I have ever owned.

Welcome

Welcome!

I see the vision and it would be pretty sweet finished. Not what alot of people would have done with a wagon, but I see the look you were going for.

Thank you for seeking this website out and posting.

That was 45 years ago. I was young and impulsive. Would still like to see it done, but is way beyond my means now. Still, I would hate to see them go to the boneyard after keeping them all these years. I wanted to move the power rear window and D posts up behind the B posts and be able to recline the bucket seats to look up at the stars at night. I still have the 60-inch Thrush side pipes to complete the "look" I wanted. Not very practical by today's standards, but hey, it was the 1970's. In retrospect, I should have junked it all then and bought a pickup truck. If I don't get any responses by the Summer, I will have to scrap them.

If anyone needs any parts from this and another '66 Town & Country wagon I have, let me know before summer. I have extra sets of all of the chrome and stainless steel trim.
Also two complete drive trains, suspensions front sub frames, etc. 383 Engine, trans, stock rears complete with axles, brake mounting plates, stock 6" rims, etc..

I have a fuel tank for the wagon that has never been installed that should fit any Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth wagon from 1965 through 1969.

I also have the doors from a '66 Newport 2-door and some interior parts and trim.

I have three sets of everything under the dash, gauges, speedometers, heater cores, a/c housings, stock am radios. The interiors on both wagons were black.

If anyone needs anything, ask, and I will try to get pictures. I want to sell anything I can that anyone needs before I send them to the junk yard.

Back