Welcome, MoparMcK

Thanks! Excited to enjoy my new to me 69 Newport. She needs some love but in time she will be cruising again.

Anyone happen to know what color this is?

Good place to get a gas tank? I think I could stick my finger through it with ease.

Windshields offered through glass companies or do I find a donor?

Otherwise everything else will be fairly easy to tackler I think.

10C6EC08-F954-4017-A3AC-24D21FC93CA5.jpeg

94CAC8D4-521C-4FB7-8A12-D00F807B223B.jpeg

F781B468-2694-428A-BBC7-7689A4BF3714.jpeg

D61769BD-8552-4EC9-8E6B-8574382B1075.jpeg

A0675D2E-CA76-4320-8396-1D1C7F655B99.jpeg

DF500BE1-121D-4CC1-8D75-D63ED0F3044C.jpeg

Thanks! Excited to enjoy my new to me 69 Newport. (…)

Good place to get a gas tank? (…)

If you post a photo of the fender tag, we can confirm the color. Looks like Y4 Spanish Gold metallic to me but I could be wrong — could be Y6 Citron Gold.

Gas tank: I have bought Spectra Premium for two c-bodies. Here is what Spectra sells for your car -- due to COVID they have stopped selling some stuff stateside, but luckily they still ship their tanks to us:

They sell three tanks -- I suspect that you need the CR20B, which has 2 vents. Don't take my word for it, check what yours has and go from there.

Don't forget the ST224 straps and pad (it is available from Van's). There are several threads on replacing tanks — if I were you, I would replace the grounding strap, sender unit, sock, and J-bolts (which I got from Van's). It would be a very good idea IMHO to replace the rubber fuel lines and the fuel pump, and of course the fuel filter. Don't even think of getting a plastic filter (fire risk!), get a WIX metal unit.

If you read the thread where I have documented work done on Medina, my 1971 Monaco, you will see a list of vendors and replacement parts -- do check that those are fine for a 1969 Plymouth, of course, but the thread should give you tips for good brands and vendors (I spend a lot of time triple-checking stuff and vetting the info with knowledgeable members, so hopefully my info will save you some time).

Windshields are reproduced except maybe for sedans. The latter share the front glass with the wagons and differ from the hardtops and ´verts. In any event, this thread has a useful link.

Keep us posted!

Last edited:
If you post a photo of the fender tag, we can confirm the color. Looks like Y4 Spanish Gold metallic to me but I could be wrong — could be Y6 Citron Gold.

Gas tank: I have bought Spectra Premium for two c-bodies. Here is what Spectra sells for your car -- due to COVID they have stopped selling some stuff stateside, but luckily they still ship their tanks to us:

[/URL]

They sell three tanks -- I suspect that you need the CR20B, which has 2 vents. Don't take my word for it, check what yours has and go from there.

Don't forget the ST224 straps and pad (it is available from Van's). There are several threads on replacing tanks — if I were you, I would replace the grounding strap, sender unit, sock, and J-bolts (which I got from Van's). It would be a very good idea IMHO to replace the rubber fuel lines and the fuel pump, and of course the fuel filter. Don't even think of getting a plastic filter (fire risk!), get a WIX metal unit.

If you read the thread where I have documented work done on Medina, my 1971 Monaco, you will see a list of vendors and replacement parts -- do check that those are fine for a 1969 Plymouth, of course, but the thread should give you tips for good brands and vendors (I spend a lot of time triple-checking stuff and vetting the info with knowledgeable members, so hopefully my info will save you some time).

Windshields are reproduced except maybe for sedans. The latter share the front glass with the wagons and differ from the hardtops and ´verts. In any event, this thread has a useful link.

Keep us posted!
Thanks for the info! I will get a picture of the fender tag posted soon. I definitely plan to redo the whole fuel system once I have the car running good. I will be doing plenty of research about these big girls. I am more familiar with Abodies and trucks. It will be a fun ride when done.

Thanks! Excited to enjoy my new to me 69 Newport. She needs some love but in time she will be cruising again.

Good place to get a gas tank? I think I could stick my finger through it with ease.

Otherwise everything else will be fairly easy to tackler I think.

View attachment 529743

View attachment 529744

View attachment 529745

View attachment 529746

View attachment 529747

View attachment 529748
Welcome from Virginia!
Windshield. If you use FB, might try Nebraska yard. Lots cheaper if you can skip the freight.
For Sale - C Body Parts becoming available, Face Book, NE Nebraska Not Mine

Congrats on getting CE41G9C159133 -- a very nice Y4 Chrysler Newport sedan!

Must be a fairly good optioned car?
H51 manual A/C
R13 radio (AM but higher-powered than the base R11)
L31 fender signal repeaters (love them)
B51 power drum brakes
P45 power trunk release

pay special attention when looking for replacement glass at the fact that you have G11 tinted all windows. Some cars have no tint and some have G15 windshield only tint — you have G11 all tint, so make sure you match when getting a spare.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting CE41G9C159133 -- a very nice Y4 Chrysler Newport sedan!
How do I find out what color carpet my Newport came with? There are a few similar color options out there. This old girl is up and running and driving. I just need a fresh radiator, u joints, possible bearings in the rear end, and working on some paperwork issues.

Here are some updated pictures. The interior cleaned up very nice. The dash has some weird goo on it that won’t come off. So I think I will find a cover for that. Otherwise a nice buff job to the paint and I will be happy. I did manage to lose the S emblem on the back of the car. Also need the clips that hold the grille moulding on. I have the piece. Just need the clips. If anyone knows where to find those.

IMG_4019.jpeg

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_3525.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

for the grill trim, i used small pan head screws slid into the trim. took the grill apart, put the trim up to it and spun nuts on to the screws from the inside. i get that goo on my dash but it does come off with some work.

Thank you for the update! For the dash goop, @saforwardlook has a trick that works if memory serves. I am on the road and can’t search the posts easily, hopefully he links to it or quickly shared it here

Thank you for the update! For the dash goop, @saforwardlook has a trick that works if memory serves. I am on the road and can’t search the posts easily, hopefully he links to it or quickly shared it here
Thanks. You decoded the fender tag for me. Any chance you would know if this car should have the Ivy Gold or Gold carpet through classic industries? I am thinking the Ivy Gold would be correct.

I ended up using an identical method to keep that trim you need reattached as @rags noted. The original tiny clips were made of junk thin plastic that got brittle very quickly and just going down the road over time, those clips would fail and drop your trim from the car and you wouldn't know it until you got to your destination and saw it was just suddenly missing. I also agree that you should take the whole grille out and use the method outlined for all of those thin trim moldings and you will never lose any of that trim again. That trim that outlined the grille centerpiece was used on at least all of the 69 - 71 Chrysler grilles and not sure on the other C bodies.

The 1969-70 dashpads for the Chrysler and Imperial models utilized plasticizers in the vinyl cover to keep the vinyl covers more supple over time and not tend to crack very easily when exposed to sun or prolonged heat over time. Both the C body Plymouth and Dodge dashpads did not use those plasticizers and those dashpads easily cracked in just a few years if exposed to sunlight and/or high temperatures by comparison.

The plasticizer in the Chrysler dashpads that oozes out over time does come off with application of Purple Power or a like heavy duty cleaner if applied directly using a cloth (no water added to keep the concentration of cleaning agents high) and some light to moderate rubbing it into the goop to remove it. Just to be sure since I do not know the exposure to light and heat over time for your car, find a spot on the panel's underside and test it for your particular dashpad to make sure there is no deterioration of color or other unwanted effects but so far I have had none when used on my 69-70 pads. I noticed that the 1971-73 Chrysler pads did still have some plasticizer in them but seemingly less than the first two years so they did have some tendency to crack over time but not nearly as easily as the Dodge/Plymouth ones and they oozed the plasticizer significantly less than the first early ones.

Last edited:
Thanks. You decoded the fender tag for me. Any chance you would know if this car should have the Ivy Gold or Gold carpet through classic industries? I am thinking the Ivy Gold would be correct.
I don’t know in the specific case of a 1969 Newport like yours. Fwiw, I had the same question wrt a 1972 GY8 NYB with H7Y5 interior, and it turned out to be ivy gold. So, my bet would be ivy gold based on that first hand memory and also on my recollection of earlier posts, see the following search:

Search results for query: Ivy gold

My recommendation, though? Ask for manufacturer samples of each type and compare with unfaded spots in your carpet. You should have some such spots under the front bench seats, or under the back bench.

PS: please post what you find?

Back