Welcome Stephan_oldtimerfun to FCBO!

Wow, I would have thought it would be simpler, (and cheaper), to import the car whole but apparently it isn't. Does it make a difference for import fees/taxes to bring in repair parts vs a whole automobile, or does a complete vehicle need to pass operational exams to come in? Just curious why you would pay to disassemble the car then have to pay to crate/package everything for shipment.
Mike

If you clear on custom the car, it is 5900 cm3 x 5.0 euro = 30680 euro ( for car older than 7 years). Disassembly of the car costs $ 500, customs for the body separately and for spare parts about $ 500 in total.

Wow, I would have thought it would be simpler, (and cheaper), to import the car whole but apparently it isn't. Does it make a difference for import fees/taxes to bring in repair parts vs a whole automobile, or does a complete vehicle need to pass operational exams to come in? Just curious why you would pay to disassemble the car then have to pay to crate/package everything for shipment.
Mike
If we had low customs duties, there would be no point in restoring my car..‍♂️

If you clear on custom the car, it is 5900 cm3 x 5.0 euro = 30680 euro ( for car older than 7 years). Disassembly of the car costs $ 500, customs for the body separately and for spare parts about $ 500 in total.
That's a HUGE difference and explains your rationale very simply. Thanks for the explanation.

From USA to Russia with ... Challenger SRT 6.4 ( not mine:))
IMG-20200207-WA0007.jpg

Great news! The car sailed across the ocean. The body of the car at customs.We will soon have an opportunity to examine it in detail. The engine and suspension will arrive in 2 weeks.

IMG-20200405-WA0062.jpg

I restored the most necessary electrical functions. The wires in this car were almost completely absent. the remaining wires will be removed and restored from the donor.

20200410_154256.jpg

20200407_185011.jpg

Only in 2019, Russia introduced a standard for square numbers. This may explain the lack of bumpers on the rear bumper. The old long number was put by the previous owner after removing them. I was able to order and set a square number.

20200310_185523.jpg

Many thanks to the forum and special thanks to Timothy @polara66hardtop for the 440 motor and transmission, help and detailed advice. I am very glad that I met such an expert in Mopars of the 70s and beyond. The packaging is worth a special mention! This is how NASA carries cargo to Mars!
The motor is going to Russia, I hope to get it in 2 months.✊

IMG-20201028-WA0109.jpg

Back