Welcome, WillieII

Thanks! I stumbled into this forum this afternoon. I just picked up a somewhat ratty but also somewhat solid garage-find 1970 Fury III this morning. It belonged to a good friend of a good friend of mine. Upon getting it home, I found that the front fame stub is super soft, and was ready to write it off and part it out. I now see that it is a bolt-in affair, so now begins the hunt for a frame stub. The car is largely disassembled at the moment, but I'll start a new thread and post up some pics after I pick up the rest of the parts.

Thanks! I stumbled into this forum this afternoon. I just picked up a somewhat ratty but also somewhat solid garage-find 1970 Fury III this morning. It belonged to a good friend of a good friend of mine. Upon getting it home, I found that the front fame stub is super soft, and was ready to write it off and part it out. I now see that it is a bolt-in affair, so now begins the hunt for a frame stub. The car is largely disassembled at the moment, but I'll start a new thread and post up some pics after I pick up the rest of the parts.
Hi Willie.
I have a 1970 Fury III. Look forward to seeing your posts.
I'm dealing with a 1971 Fury subframe issue currently in this thread. 1971 Fury GT, Gold, Promo Car.

1970 Fury front subframe. I had a 1970 Fury 29 body. It did not have isolators at the subframe at radiator support panel. My 1970 Fury conv also does not have isolators at radiator core support panel. I'm close to sure that 1969-1970 Plymouth subframe are same. I think 1966-1970 Plymouth subframe are the same.
DSCN8172.JPG

1971-1973 Fury has same subframe with isolators at radiator core support panel and 44" torsion bars.
PXL_20221005_190948017.jpg

1970-1973 Dodge and 1971-1973 Chrysler full size subframe will not work in your 1970 Plymouth because it has isolators. Also you would need to order longer torsion bars. 1966-1969 Dodge & 1966-1970 may work, but again you may need longer torsion bars.

Hope you can find something!

Last edited:
Back