Went to a car show...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Took my son's '76 Buick Skylark coupe again. This event was a Rt 66 cruise 50 miles away. For the same reasons I took it on a 500-mile round-trip show two weeks ago, my Imperial was not quite ready for a little trip, so off I went with the Skylark. There were over 400 cars and trucks, pre-1993, registered for the cruise. The cops had the roads blocked off for the cruisers, and you had to have the windshield tag on the car to cruise. Keeps the riff-raff out, ya know! The skies were once again darkened by ominous thunderclouds all through the day, but kept at bay until about 8:00 pm. I'd already started home before the storm hit. Three inches of rain in one hour! It got so bad I needed to pull off the Interstate, the vis go so bad. At the end of the off-ramp, there was at least a foot deep of water to traverse to get across the intersection. Roads in OKC suck bad enough without giant potholes being hidden by small lakes in the road! One cool thing is that his car's odometer hit all threes - 33,333.3 as I got into a parking lot. Gotta get a pic of that! And I did.

So, I pressed on home without further incident. I'm quite happy I didn't take the Imperial once again. Weather has a knack for ruining a good time. Especially in a ragtop!

20210605_200034.jpg

Last edited:
Just the link above and the dash pic.

I have a thing for when an ODO reads all the same numbers, or when there is a pattern. I know, so what, right?

My '68 D100 right before it sold. I couldn't wait to drive it another 34 miles so I'd not have triple-sixes anywhere on the odometer!:

20210109_130418_HDR.jpg

Back