What are you working on today??

Power steering hose on Dads TBird

20211018_162437.jpg

I had to put u-joints in my daily Colorado truck. Checked out my baby boy's car, he ran over a deer in the road last night. His wife was following and she hit it also. Replaced the RF brake line on her car, got together a list of parts together for his car. The deer broke the bottom tube on the radiator core and twisted the condenser, I am starting there.

Went after the power steering box in the stroker. After 475,000 miles, the pitman arm was so siezed that I stripped a pitman arm puller of its threads, and ended up having to cut the output shaft. 20 tons of force later in my shop press, and viola. That's after the entire press jumped about 2" off the ground when the pitman arm finally released the output shaft stub. lol
65669567242__F8F9AE7E-91E0-4DA1-8A8D-A6F4378ECADD.JPG
IMG_2250(1).JPG
IMG_2249(1).JPG

Well kind of a sad story, but right after I replaced the steering box in my stroker, it got wiped out by a 16 year old driver. I was turning right with a trailer on, and she tried to pass me on the right. I haven't heard from their insurance about a total loss, but the appraiser is now calling it an "obvious total loss." More to come on that saga.

In the meantime, this has been my latest project. It's not necessarily the forum for it, but I'm building a couple of custom 4 link suspensions for my plant manager's '72 K5 blazer.
IMG_2362(1).JPG
IMG_2357.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2281(1).JPG
IMG_2274(1).JPG
IMG_2266.JPG

Been working on the 67 Fury wagon I bought last week. Did the electronic ignition conversion, switched out the rebuilt carb and alternator, new fuel filter, set timing. It runs a lot better but still some issues.
upload_2021-11-20_18-56-33.jpeg

"What are you working on today?".....

Helping and documenting my stepdad with getting YET ANOTHER c-body today that we got from our good friend and a member here, AND that I really wish was mine. It is a '67 LL1 Dark Turquoise VIP fast-top with a black interior, black vinyl top, a "G" code 383 2bbl and air.

"What are you working on today?".....

Helping and documenting my stepdad with getting YET ANOTHER c-body today that we got from our good friend and a member here, AND that I really wish was mine. It is a '67 LL1 Dark Turquoise VIP fast-top with a black interior, black vinyl top, a "G" code 383 2bbl and air.
We need some pic's

I finished this yesterday, I started last week but ran out of daylight.

New stairs.jpg

New stairs2.jpg

There were a set of precast steps in place when we bought the house last year and they had to go before this winter, too narrow and not level

old stairs.jpg

My boy's helped me work them up onto the trailer today

Yep, after the first storm I was standing in the driveway pumping out the crawlspace. City showed up with an evac order...my son got a crash course in driving a truck and had until I warmed up the 66 to load it.

"Follow me but don't feckin hit me..!!"

Headed for the high ground as they say...nothing screams style like rolling out on evacuation in a slab..))

Making a dust cover for my new Sailrite Industrial Sewing machine. It’s not perfect, but will do the job.

Wow I wish I would have had this one when I made my Seat covers. Way smoother and controllable than my E-bay special. I can do one stitch or even a half stitch. Very controllable. And has a longer neck for better capacity.
I can’t really dis my e- bay special that I used for the seat covers. Except the control pedal takes some force to overcome and then hang on as you are off to the races. I will have to see if I can fix it sell it to someone locally. It is a great starter machine. Edit-fixed it. Has a plastic on plastic, on plastic, slider positioned at an angle. The plastic parts were sticking. I tried fixing it before with powdered graphite but only worked for a while. This time I used “door ez lube stick” on all the plastic surfaces. No more sticking at start up.

It was my Christmas present from my wife.
672ED522-0C16-4159-AE03-C31BE77A3A60.jpeg
1EDE837E-B095-4F39-8064-BD8C96A152BD.jpeg

Last edited:
C3CC4A15-EB27-4DA5-9A73-955DAA8D1F14.jpeg
Swapped on snow tires onto the Volvo and assembled my new tool cart that my kids surprised me with for Christmas.

Put the new Sinister Diesel charge pipes on Sarah (new Powerstroke), and started stripping Lucy (totaled Powerstroke) to the bone.
IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_2539.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Good Morning
The 'Party Barge' got some goodies from Santa; New springs and assorted hardware from ESPO, and the radio made it back from S&M Christmas Eve.
Started on the radio reinstall. Had to modify the front dual speaker to clear the dash. One side is mounted below the adapter plate, the other side is above.
Bath Fitter is here re-doing the upstairs bathroom. Christmas present to my bride. (Happy Wife - Happy Life) Here are some pics of the goodies:

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

Had to modify the front dual speaker, One side is mounted below the adapter plate. (as delivered) The other side is mounted above the plate to clear the dash housing.

Back