What did you do to your C-body today....

Took the seats out of the 300 so that we can get them reupholstered. Then we took the recently cleaned-up seats from the New Yorker and installed them temporarily so we could still drive it. The black seats don't look totally out of place since the dash and top are black. (And it sure is nice having the headrests. I wish the 300 seats had them)

upload_2019-9-22_9-29-45.png

sorry for the wierd angle on this pic, I was holding the camera at a bad angle and had to rotate the image
upload_2019-9-22_9-33-10.png

I laid out all of the sound deadening and carpet on the deck for some airing after 40+ years of being in the car.
View attachment 317576 View attachment 317577 View attachment 317578 View attachment 317579
Id like to replace all of with New!! Does ANYONE have a line on where I can get New replacements? I haven’t done any investigations as of yet, just asking if anyone has a lead..
If I have to reuse them, I’ll just clean as best I can and reinstall, maybe have the carpet dyed Black again..
If the carpet has no holes, I'd re-dye it. None of the aftermarket carpets will have the deep pile if the original.

Pulled the wagon out of the shop where it has sat since May literally collecting dust. ;) Gave it a bath, and found that the mice have started to get inside somehow....little buggers! Put some bounce drier sheets inside on the floors and some rodent poison and tucked it back away this time under it's car cover.

Cut the floor tunnel with console brackets out of a parts car, and got the transmission ready for removal. A seat, dash, and steering column to pull, and it's off to the derby guy to destroy what little remains.

IMG_20170614_133757.jpg

At Jefferson car show and swap meet looking for parts for myself, LocuMob and others. So far all I found was this ...

20190927_084525.jpg

20190927_084538.jpg

Deal of the day? Original 440 4 speed GTX with a 426 Hemi out of a wrecked 68 Charger RT Hemi car. really nice, didn't need much. $45,000

20190927_110303.jpg

20190927_110757.jpg

20190927_110315.jpg

GTX was originally dark blue as can be seen under the hood. Wonder why it was left dk blue when everything else was done in B5? Otherwise very nice.

Went to strip the last items off the parts car Polara 500. Poor car sat for over thirty years, sinking into the black dirt that it sat on, killing the floors and the stub frame. I got the dash, column, console, shifter assembly and linkage, one correct bucket seat, one mystery bucket seat, valve covers, timing cover, ignition wire brackets, P/S bracket, C pillar lights, emblems, and I still have to get into the trunk to see if there's anything good in there, and take the taillights and trunk inserts. I might take some grille pieces, and the trunk letters, but there really isn't much left. I have no use for clear side glass, so if anyone wants it, tell me, and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

IMG_20190927_104618.jpg

I found a hint of a broadcast sheet, the rest was used for a mouse nest.

IMG_20190927_112719.jpg

Went to strip the last items off the parts car Polara 500. Poor car sat for over thirty years, sinking into the black dirt that it sat on, killing the floors and the stub frame. I got the dash, column, console, shifter assembly and linkage, one correct bucket seat, one mystery bucket seat, valve covers, timing cover, ignition wire brackets, P/S bracket, C pillar lights, emblems, and I still have to get into the trunk to see if there's anything good in there, and take the taillights and trunk inserts. I might take some grille pieces, and the trunk letters, but there really isn't much left. I have no use for clear side glass, so if anyone wants it, tell me, and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

View attachment 319516

View attachment 319517
And the 383/727 are ready to pull for @Newport 66 to come pick up, as soon as next week, just gotta check the weather.

And @BLIMP told me it's nice to pull parts and save them, but there is so much little stuff I'm not going to pull, it's kind of a shame. But when I look at my pile of spares, and the demand for them, I can only feel so bad. I pulled the inside front windshield trim, and wondered what am I going to do with three sets of this? So, if you want any of the pieces that go around the upper door frame, or the rear window frame, let me know and I'll pull it for you, just pay shipping. That's about it, other than the chrome window trim, but I have at least two sets of spares, should I grab a third set? (I probably will, someone needs them)

And the 383/727 are ready to pull for @Newport 66 to come pick up, as soon as next week, just gotta check the weather.

And @BLIMP told me it's nice to pull parts and save them, but there is so much little stuff I'm not going to pull, it's kind of a shame. But when I look at my pile of spares, and the demand for them, I can only feel so bad. I pulled the inside front windshield trim, and wondered what am I going to do with three sets of this? So, if you want any of the pieces that go around the upper door frame, or the rear window frame, let me know and I'll pull it for you, just pay shipping. That's about it, other than the chrome window trim, but I have at least two sets of spares, should I grab a third set? (I probably will, someone needs them)

Next week looks good, hope for decent weather!!

Gave the Carpet for the 77 a good soapy bath after 40 plus years.. not in bad shape overall but it certainly needed it.. then out to dry in the Sun for a few days..
1218F1EF-9E95-48DB-9F44-996493ADFD79.jpeg
2CC5B53F-FEF5-41BB-8E2C-764C35741CA0.jpeg
16F7A2D4-3195-4D15-973D-4D1B5060F0A2.jpeg

View attachment 319516

View attachment 319517
You had me for a few seconds when you mentioned clear side glass. I saw your ‘68, and I thought, I need clear unscratched glass for my ‘68, l should contact you. Then I realized that wasn’t the car you were talking about.
I need to put side glass on my winter list.

You had me for a few seconds when you mentioned clear side glass. I saw your ‘68, and I thought, I need clear unscratched glass for my ‘68, l should contact you. Then I realized that wasn’t the car you were talking about.
I need to put side glass on my winter list.
Wish I could help you.

Refinished the rear side panels of the 300.

Before: They were stained brown along the top (I think from ppl smoking in the car) and there was white-ish/yellow overspray where a PO touched up the armrest panels without removing them from the car or even masking anything off :wtf:
upload_2019-9-28_7-48-29.png

I think they came out rather nice
upload_2019-9-28_7-51-53.png

Does anyone have a lead on where I can get this short shag style carpet for my 77 NYB? cleaned the original carpet as seen above in my previous post. it’s otherwise turned out usable, but if I have the opportunity to replace it, I’d rather. Thx
E58EE878-97AC-46F9-9310-0716DF0D0CA3.jpeg
6BBEB9BF-2D14-460A-9617-44A3E2F289BD.jpeg

Back