What Gauges Should I Add?

That looks sweet. I like the different colours and of course the Crucifix!

Yes, quality made lasts.

The fan is pretty cool too.

So is the speed square for finding incline angles or is it used as a sundial in place of the clock. :poke::D

upload_2021-7-22_9-27-2.png

That looks sweet. I like the different colours and of course the Crucifix!

Yes, quality made lasts.

The fan is pretty cool too.

You can get different colors by purchasing LED bulbs, or strips, and using the plastic "bulb condoms" Autolite provided for their gauge. Yes, the effect is good! Different colors help the brain parse and categorize each datum. I use blue LEDs for the general dash lighting. I still have the old instrument panel + a spare too! Given time, I plan to rehabilitate one, rather like what Redline does, or, given $$, just hire them for the job. BUT, I ALWAYS INSIST ON MECHANICAL GAUGES WHEN POSSIBLE!! I love electrical technology, but for rock solid reliability, I prefer capillary tubes and diaphragms. Living down here taught me that. Note: IFF you've any trouble w your fuel gauge, Autometer makes one of the proper resistance complete with Pentastar perfect for our rides!! I used their old school green light condom. The SW oil pressure gauge HAS NO LIGHT, but using a blue LED strip made it light up beautifully through the light slots on the side. The blessed Crucifix was made in Palestine, of olive wood from the Faithful who yet abide in Bethlehem. The one hanging from the rear view mirror is from the Benedictines. In the barrios, these sacramentals are much revered, Deo gratias.

Last edited:
Back