What I learned about 74-78 ATC II

Mine is on the passenger side footwell. Right next to the recirculating air damper motor.

19061084-3FC5-4B41-BC8C-C2B26EA8E8F9.jpeg

I don't have one of those things!

Damn glad I have manual A/C....this ATC II system seems like real work to fix.

I don't have one of those things!

Damn glad I have manual A/C....this ATC II system seems like real work to fix.

Yeah, yeah, yeah Bob.... always the critic of ATC.... but you will never know the majic of the automatic climate control universe which is way too wonderous to describe.

Yeah, yeah, yeah Bob.... always the critic of ATC.... but you will never know the majic of the automatic climate control universe which is way too wonderous to describe.

Yeah you're right.

But I have repaired several manual A/C systems and it's too easy to fix.

I'm just hoping (praying) the ATC never goes out in my Ram or 300 after the warranty expires.....

Hey. I'm serious you bahstahd. View attachment 238012
We know you are... and I'm jealous, ibuprofen is off the menu for me... 800mg would make my back feel great and my colon bleed... :BangHead:

I spent all day, Sunday, giving the 'burb a well deserved timing chain and oil pan gasket. I found I can survive doing stuff on the ground, but only if I work slowly and deliberately... I'd love an ibuprofen right now.

Hey @1978 NYB, is the ATC II of Formal generation the same as the system used on Fuselages?
Very similar but different components completely and the 69-73 variations have extra components in comparison to later formals. However, the actuators are very very similar and the amplifiers appear to be the same.

Satisfied grin on my face this morning as I started the car and the ATC II came on in heat mode without touching the temp selector. It was 57 degrees (cold for South FLORIDA) and the temp on the system was set to 70. Actual mild heat came only when the temp hit notmal operating level. But that was fine by me. Took only 10 min or so before my toes started getting toasty.

So how do I fix my 76 RMB fan not turning off when the selection is off? It runs on low speed even when off but works normally when any other mode is selected or temperature.

So how do I fix my 76 RMB fan not turning off when the selection is off? It runs on low speed even when off but works normally when any other mode is selected or temperature.

The off switch is bad in the control panel. It’s not completely disengaging power to the system and “leaking” power to the fan circuit.

You will need to replace the control panel per the FSM.

The off switch is bad in the control panel. It’s not completely disengaging power to the system and “leaking” power to the fan circuit.

You will need to replace the control panel per the FSM.

So easy peasy then :BangHead:

Thanks!

Back