What is it worth?

HLYWood904

Reaction score
I am selling my Fury and are curious what it is worth.. It has been a project but lately it has been just sitting around. I would like to see it fully restored but I think right now I'd rather have the cash to do other things with.

70 Fury Gran Coupe (All original)
37K original miles
383 BB auto

Brand new radiator, master cylinder, break pads, break lines, rotors, and gas tank. Tranny has been power flushed as well and runs great. I have a roll of the vinyl top to go with it as well. There is rust in 2 small spots as you can see. Also if it were me (my plans were) to cut out and replace it because it is rusty.

251.JPG

252.JPG

253.JPG

254.JPG

250.JPG

005.JPG

You have to understand that most of the members here love these cars so we tend to be brutally honest. People asking for a WIW, invariably get very insulted but when the dust settles the WIW's are pretty much on the money.

Until the vinyl is all peeled off, I'm starting with $1,000 because this is never a good sign, right Saylor?

PicsArt_04-14-03.28.42.jpg

No I agree, but being honest doesn't hurt my feelings.. But in a complete resotred condiditon what do they go for? Not like perfect presteen condition but like over all good condiditon.. I think with about 3K I can get it there.. Interior (I don't have any pics of it) is in really good condition.

+1 on that boss.

rust is some scary scary.

anyone reading this that has a vinyl top, cut it off now. go get the roof painted. then put vinyl back, if you MUST have vinyl on top.

I don't have to have a vinyl top, I thought it was just better to have it all original. But I don't really like the whole walnut brown.

on another site not auto related, i used to tell people that asked WIW " its worth two dollars ".

personally i am torn somewhere between being an expert, and a collector. if we are experts and we are sought after for opinion, and we can accurately evaluate a price - we should be pleased we have that reputation out on the webs.

if we are also collectors, it is in our interest to give a price as low as possible.

if its worth 50 grand, i dont know if im going to tell you that or not.

especially if you are selling it. or if you are here just to flip double whatever number we say and CL it and we never see it again.

what i can offer - is - current market. look at commando, CLD, etc. commando got what 4.5k to OZ? CLDs wont sell. mine wont sell. not that my car is even in the same league as theirs, but what im sayin is no ones buyin right now. not in the us of a anyways.

to me, a car that runs, drives, and can pass inspection is worth 1k. from there it gets dicey.

try not to die -

- saylor

From the corner I did peel back in the front driver side it didn't look like it had any rust.. But needless to say you never know until you peel the whole thing off and that Pic is might scary.

Good luck. I didn't see it anywhere but may have missed it. Were are you located?

That might help you with someone who may see this thread and possibly interested

Yes, I updated my profile a little, but basically I live in Jacksonville FL. Also If you like HP, my friend is selling his Polara Max Wedge. If I looking to buy and not sell like now, I'd total take it! It is literally perfect. Sorry for the shitty quality.

706.JPG

707.PNG

708.PNG

Back