What is This?

Hang onto it. They are like gold. I searched for 3 years for one for our '65 Newport wagon. Luckily, I ran across an entire steering column for sale and snagged this and all the other column parts. Apparently, the modus apperandi for slip shod rebuilders is to toss it.

View attachment 573807
Hey I know where that came from! :thumbsup:

my 65 SF Convert has a Oct 64 build date and has the large Corbin clamp as shown in post #20

Thanks for the picture; very helpful. I recall seeing it on the steering column both on my car and when retrieving parts for the salvage yard(s). We tried it on different locations on the steering column but could not find the location where we suspected it went. This should zero us in on the location and hopefully it screws on and not clamped as Woodridge stated above. The fact that it has holes in it for screws does not necessarily mean it was attached with screws!

The car has been a nightmare on finding parts and determining where existing parts went and go. I had to retrieve the car from a shop that had it for two years and was still in boxes and pails when I moved it to it current location. It is approaching a year since then but we are getting close. Given this is not his primary business and the fact he never took it apart, the character and history of a 65 Plymouth SF, he is doing outstanding job and in fact is more particular than I am! I never realized it but the name of the car and anything worked on is preferenced with and adjective that starts with an "f" sometimes used 2 to 3 times in the same sentence. Guess it part of the new version of identifying pronouns in our ever developing language! Thanks for the help and I will address in the morning and will post whether or not we resolved the issue.
Currently staring in a remake of this movie with my 69'. Glad there is an ending

Back