What I've been up too

you certainly do keep busy :) the truck looks great. at least you know what you have instead of taking a chance on another truck. nice work. :thumbsup:

Where did you get the replacement sheet metal panels and were you happy with the fit? I've got a few 2nd gen Ram projects of my own. Hard to beat a blue Sport model.
LKQ, the fit was about as expected, which is to say a wood block and sledge hammer were required tools.

Is that kilometers or miles?
KMS, I want to see 500k KMS, anything after that is a gift. I think any gas engine going 500k is pretty good.

That looks great! You should easily get to 500K with that. I'm confused though, the first pic you show is a dealer invoice for $41K, is that a truck you were going to buy?

That looks great! You should easily get to 500K with that. I'm confused though, the first pic you show is a dealer invoice for $41K, is that a truck you were going to buy?
That is the original dealer invoice for the truck he bought, showing that the original owner paid over $41k for it. He did mention that in the leading post in the thread.

Remember, that's Canadian dollars.

Comes out to a little less than $31K using the usual 75% exchange rate, though that still seems a bit high. I thought the early 2000's trucks were closer to $25K, but I could be wrong. Might have been a year that the Canadian dollar was weaker than normal.

Jeff

Remember, that's Canadian dollars.

Comes out to a little less than $31K using the usual 75% exchange rate, though that still seems a bit high. I thought the early 2000's trucks were closer to $25K, but I could be wrong. Might have been a year that the Canadian dollar was weaker than normal.

Jeff
My father in law's F150 was $44k in 2003, my truck does have a lot of optional equipment, plus it has the optional engine, optional transmission, it's an SLT (top trim), plus has the Sport package, 4WD, etc etc.

So it does make sense, a comparable truck now would come in around $55k

Hey Nick I found the part # for the front license plate bracket there are lots in the Parts Depot so your local Dealer should be able to source one.

55077158AE $62 bucks my cost

My father in law's F150 was $44k in 2003, my truck does have a lot of optional equipment, plus it has the optional engine, optional transmission, it's an SLT (top trim), plus has the Sport package, 4WD, etc etc.

So it does make sense, a comparable truck now would come in around $55k

I just looked it up and the Canadian dollar was in the toilet in 2001.

One Canadian dollar was only worth 65 cents US, so $41K Canadian was equal to $26.5K US at the time, which is around what I thought I remembered.

BTW, you did a great job on the truck. I never expected that you would decide to fix it up considering the amount of rust that it had. It is surprising to see that it was mostly cosmetic and that the truck was quite solid underneath.

I bought an '01 Quad Cab earlier this year. The doors are completely rust free, but my front cab mounts are just about gone, along with some of the floor. My inner and outer rockers are going too. Looks like your inners were still good, and I'm going to guess that your cab mounts were good too. Once I get my buddy's Silverado out of the shop, I can finally get to work on mine.

Jeff

Reassembly and protection from future corrosion..Plus a few things that make me feel better about dragging stuff all over north america with it...
FB_IMG_1639847417533.jpg
FB_IMG_1639847413477.jpg
FB_IMG_1639847403695.jpg
FB_IMG_1639847394343.jpg
FB_IMG_1639847375519.jpg
FB_IMG_1639971591488.jpg
FB_IMG_1639971581081.jpg

Good looking truck, it should look good for a long time. I need to do this to my 05 Colorado, rockers, box and paint repair.

You are making good progress on your stuff. Might I ask what the status of Angel is?
Angel is sitting in the same position where I tucked him in 2019.

My biggest issue with my beloved ragtop, was getting my skills to the point where I feel I can take on the car confidently as it needs some serious structural repair to be right.

I've sort of got my plans set as to what car when, I'm hoping to get some time on Dennis before Spring, my goal is to have him on tires again ready for bodywork to start.

Next I'll drag my M body home, put a frame rail in it, and get it running/driving

Next I'll put my 70 together, I have a 440 block out at the machine shop now and have located the remaining rust free components, I will paint it myself when I get there.

The Sport Fury's Future is undecided.

I have two Dodge trucks in addition to my Ram now. And both need some attention as well.

Late to this thread. As expected all amazing but when do you find time to sleep?
Sleep is optional.

He gets more done drinking a cup of coffee, than I do in a week.
Screenshot_20220104_121612_com.facebook.katana_edit_184496517612993.jpg
Screenshot_20220104_121559_com.facebook.katana_edit_184513241795803.jpg

You're probably right..

Good looking truck, it should look good for a long time. I need to do this to my 05 Colorado, rockers, box and paint repair.

I want it to make 500k, and I'm sure it will.

My back remembers having to lug those around. So glad it was only for a year.

Screenshot_20220104_121559_com.facebook.katana_edit_184513241795803.jpg

My back remembers having to lug those around. So glad it was only for a year.

View attachment 507395
I've got 29 years to go till I get to pension out, however it's rare for us to have to lift drums unless you either work downtown in the Duncan brake division or you have to pull it to do other repairs, like a wheel stud in that case

Back