What's the $$Point of no Return??

First I'd like to wish you well and hope you will beat this and recover!

I don't want to compare but I understand putting a lot of money and work in the car and then having to sell it. I might just have to do the same, I injured my back pretty back just before last christmas and its been....something. I am still debating If I sell or not because I wont ever get back what I put into it and I had just arrived at doing most of the upgrades I wanted to do to make the car more mine.

I understand the frustration and I can't imagine being in your shoes. Anyway you can pass the car on to family? I know my kids are waiting for mine lol

Ha, ha Knebel! I don't have any kids to pass the car to, just a younger brother. He likes the car but is not an enthusiast. He's also NOT the best driver. I hate to say that cause he's the one driving me around now. If I did pass the car in to anybody it would be my mechanic..he's a Mopar fanatic...only bad thing there is he's got 4 kids and they're all coming of driving age. He's been supplying them with cars to drive. My car's too nice to be left to some kid that's gonna run it into the ground in dirt roads.
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm going to hate getting rid of the car; seems my life is not complete without a 60's Mopar.

Thanks Sampling man that's my car!! Now that I think about it, that is a replacement breather. The. One on the car when I got it originally wasn't original either and fit worse then that one.
Yeah folks,. I never intended to sell the car, just keep it forever and make it the way I want it. I have justified the costs in my mind by spreading it out over my 18 years and 56,000 years of driving it. It's been a great car! Only broke down on the road 3 times in all those years and they were no biggies and AAA was always there for me.
If you need help starting an official For Sale ad, let me know, I can easily upload the pics to another thread. Either that or maybe @Toolmanmike can convert this thread to the For Sale forum.

Yes Samplingman I would appreciate your help downloading the pics to a for sale thread. I guess I'll start a "For Sale" thread and then you can download the pics??
I'll start such a thread now

Yes Samplingman I would appreciate your help downloading the pics to a for sale thread. I guess I'll start a "For Sale" thread and then you can download the pics??
I'll start such a thread now
Ok. Samplingman the thread 67Chrysler 300 for sale in Virginia has posted. I appreciate all your help and support.

well 67 300 rags are not bringing the money now , and will not ever bring what the earlier letter car 300's do . as far as rags go in the 300 line it's near the most made , the tnt 440 model doesn't reach the money either . i've owned 4 67 300 rags , two tnt models and two reg 440's . i've still got the silver n yellow 300 rags , the yellow one is getting a little customized . i don't think i'm wrecking a classic . just putting some options that chrysler should have .

Scan0038_0038.jpg

DSC03401[1].JPG

DSC03357.JPG

DCP01131.JPG

Well my car has been mostly a labor of love and never considered it an investment. I added a lot of improvements because I wanted to make the car more like newer performance/luxury cars. It's been worthwhile to me; the car much nicer than it was when I got it
However, it's not something I'd do again if I got another classic car.

If I compare all the money I've spent on old cars with the money I've spent on travel, I realize that not one dime of that travel money is ever coming back to me. At least with the old cars, some of the money can be recovered. Still, I don't regret spending that travel money at all.

Sure, I'm donating my time as I work on the cars, but that's therapeutic time spent in the garage. On a few cars, I actually turned a little profit. I may make a little on my '63 Riviera. But I don't expect to make a profit on my two C-body cars, and that's OK I guess.

You're right Scoopy. I don't expect a profit but I don't want to just give the car away either. For one thing, I've owned plenty of cars in my time and I had to sacrifice s bit each time to afford it. No one ever gave me a car, tho goes more than double for car dealerships.
If I compare all the money I've spent on old cars with the money I've spent on travel, I realize that not one dime of that travel money is ever coming back to me. At least with the old cars, some of the money can be recovered. Still, I don't regret spending that travel money at all.

Sure, I'm donating my time as I work on the cars, but that's therapeutic time spent in the garage. On a few cars, I actually turned a little profit. I may make a little on my '63 Riviera. But I don't expect to make a profit on my two C-body cars, and that's OK I guess.

Back