Whats those scoops?

The problem with almost every added on functional scoop(s) is that they simply cut a hole in the hood.
WRONG! :mad:
You need to add/modify the rib reinforcements for a professional look.

img_8492_grande-jpg.jpg

Not for me, all that air being injected into the engine bay and out underneath the body would make for a handling nightmare at 150mph, 'don 'F with MaMopar engineering!

I grafted the Ramcharger SuperBee air induction system to my first PK21, did it when I was a tall string bean lightweight 17 year old. Lot'a measuring, laid the under-hood side on the 6bbl air cleaner for position, can't remember how I marked it (crawled under?), carefully cut out the reinforcements, measure again, scoop holes cut, and with all the bolt holes holding the underside everything fit real tight and i didn't even use anything like adhesive for the cut reinforcements.

Someone asked awhile back about removing a 68 Fury hood all by oneself, IIRC I just propped up the front with a stick and took out the rear hinge bolts and loosened the others, blankets around radiator support & fenders if something goes awry, take stick out, tilt front down and remove other 2 bolts, grab both sides, (need long arms & reach) bring hood to chest and rotate to padded work area to set down. Job took most of a whole Saturday but was a done deal and I got to admire (reminisce) the small road rash on the chrome trim of the right scoop (from when I barrel rolled the 1st PK21) when I transferred the hood to the 2nd PK21.

I use to LAFF when I'd go for a flatout run with my '68 Shelby GT350 friend, he said he could 'feel' the difference when I was under hard acceleration and pulled the cold air knob(?) to open up the scoops. I couldn't and I just had him along for the ride to eyeball the Tach to see if I was getting max revs (6,500rpm) as things get real busy at 150+.
I think I mentioned his comment before, "Forget the Tach, I'm watching your gas gauge, you used a 1/4 tank already!" :D

The only real reason for installing the setup was to protect the air filter from the weather as even back then the Fram 6bbl filter wasn't readily available at part stores and cost 20 bucks in the 70's. Think I got all the hood parts (minus hood) out of the Want-Advertiser for like 50 bucks, air cleaner was already on engine from previous owner.
I even had a spare NOS cable which I tried to sell to someone at a show that was missing his. Bad attitude, he said "I'll get one from Year One" bah... that cable got tossed along with many other NOS/Used parts, couldn't even give this **** away in the mid 80's.

:soapbox:

View attachment 266937

Not for me, all that air being injected into the engine bay and out underneath the body would make for a handling nightmare at 150mph, 'don 'F with MaMopar engineering!

I grafted the Ramcharger SuperBee air induction system to my first PK21, did it when I was a tall string bean lightweight 17 year old. Lot'a measuring, laid the under-hood side on the 6bbl air cleaner for position, can't remember how I marked it (crawled under?), carefully cut out the reinforcements, measure again, scoop holes cut, and with all the bolt holes holding the underside everything fit real tight and i didn't even use anything like adhesive for the cut reinforcements.

Someone asked awhile back about removing a 68 Fury hood all by oneself, IIRC I just propped up the front with a stick and took out the rear hinge bolts and loosened the others, blankets around radiator support & fenders if something goes awry, take stick out, tilt front down and remove other 2 bolts, grab both sides, (need long arms & reach) bring hood to chest and rotate to padded work area to set down. Job took most of a whole Saturday but was a done deal and I got to admire (reminisce) the small road rash on the chrome trim of the right scoop (from when I barrel rolled the 1st PK21) when I transferred the hood to the 2nd PK21.

I use to LAFF when I'd go for a flatout run with my '68 Shelby GT350 friend, he said he could 'feel' the difference when I was under hard acceleration and pulled the cold air knob(?) to open up the scoops. I couldn't and I just had him along for the ride to eyeball the Tach to see if I was getting max revs (6,500rpm) as things get real busy at 150+.
I think I mentioned his comment before, "Forget the Tach, I'm watching your gas gauge, you used a 1/4 tank already!" :D

The only real reason for installing the setup was to protect the air filter from the weather as even back then the Fram 6bbl filter wasn't readily available at part stores and cost 20 bucks in the 70's. Think I got all the hood parts (minus hood) out of the Want-Advertiser for like 50 bucks, air cleaner was already on engine from previous owner.
I even had a spare NOS cable which I tried to sell to someone at a show that was missing his. Bad attitude, he said "I'll get one from Year One" bah... that cable got tossed along with many other NOS/Used parts, couldn't even give this **** away in the mid 80's.

:soapbox:

...you dont just let the air go in the engine bay,you duct it so that it creates positive pressure on the aircleaner/intake at high speeds... kinda like a natural supercharger :)

...you dont just let the air go in the engine bay,you duct it so that it creates positive pressure on the aircleaner/intake at high speeds... kinda like a natural supercharger :)

Yea you would think if you do it right but that car with those big *** scoop I doubt it.
If it is done that way I like to see the hood up and the setup.
BTW the car appears to have a number decal on the door.
Any idea what race/rally it was in? Powertour?

The problem with almost every added on functional scoop(s) is that they simply cut a hole in the hood.
WRONG! :mad:
You need to add/modify the rib reinforcements for a professional look.

Kinda like this???:poke:

36360797-6712-428D-B40A-45E54DE98807.jpeg

It made it to the Maritimes Stan you should be thrilled and 19 likes also..

Last edited:
They just repost internet images Stan so don’t worry it’s not sitting by the dock of the bay in Halifax....but thought I’d get your blood pumping this morning...:)

They just repost internet images Stan so don’t worry it’s not sitting by the dock of the bay in Halifax....but thought I’d get your blood pumping this morning...:)
Again...... ARE YOU SHITTING ME?
WTF else in in there.
Goddam this rabbit hole. :BangHead:
You're banned from the Hot Tub. :mad:

Screenshot_2019-03-09-10-32-36.jpg

You’re getting to be as famous as the Katdashians or whatever they are called...Just waiting for you to break the internet lol

Back