Wheel Arch Repair

mikedrini

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,

While I am working on my Front Disc Brake conversion, I am looking to restore both rear wheel arches on my 64 New Yorker. Someone bondo-ed the rear driver side up and after years it's cracking and crappy looking. My welding experience is limited to the floor pans I redid, which came out nice for a 1st time welder-thank you Eastwood MIG.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to do? Obviously professional work is one route. Any idea what range of costs typically are? Is it doable myself? If so, any idea where I can find replacement arches? I am thinking another model could be used as a substitute since you can't find any New Yorker parts.

The wheel wells are actually in great shape, but I think it's due to the undercoating the previous owner had on it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Since you have a welder and some experience I'd certainly consider doing it yourself. The key here probably is finding good patch panels. Aftermarket is not an option so it's either good used metal of fabricate from scratch. Good luck.

Back