Wheel paint

mopar_4life

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has painted a set of rally wheels like this. I was considering painting the wheels the body color. It's a 65 DD paint code (Medium blue)... (Sorry about the crude photoshop...) If you have would you all post any pictures. I just don't know how it would look on a C body.

Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering if there are anyone who has painted these types of wheels. I would like to paint my wheels the same color as the car. Then still use the trim rings and center cap. I figure it would give a good clean/custom look. I'll edit my post to be more specific, reading it now it seems very vague.

Just wondering if there are anyone who has painted these types of wheels. I would like to paint my wheels the same color as the car. Then still use the trim rings and center cap. I figure it would give a good clean/custom look. I'll edit my post to be more specific, reading it now it seems very vague.

Not a mopar thing and won't be well accepted by most Mopar faithful who see it .. not just here. But do what you want it's your car.

I'm not a fan personally but that's just me.

I don't hate it... BTW here's the pic... I don't think I would do it unless they were the only wheels I had,
1967-dodge-monaco-wagon-survivor-highly-optioned-rare-mopar-original-paint-67-2.jpg

way better than some I've seen.
00g0g_an97acfqann_600x450-jpg.96034

Paint is up to you, but I think tallhair is correct about the purists, and the purists will be lukewarm at best on the wheel choice. That said, it's your car, it reversible and causes no permanent damage... do what you like. I mostly like the availability of 15X7's... Or you could get some wheel covers... they seem to be dying out and I bet in a number of years will be that much harder to find. They are bound to become popular again as so few cars are built with them these days.

That 67 looks pretty good... dunno if I'd drop 5 grand on a wagon but probably would if it were as solid as that *looks*. Agreed tho, those particular rims never look right to me on a C body. .. certainly not a slab side. ... first step would be black steelies followed by a long and careful search for a fitting cap/cover.

Esp with a deeper blue car..

Back