wheres my flasher relay ?

64300conv

Reaction score
Hello all. Probably a very simple ? But as I can't bend and I'll have my wife looking for it it might help if you guys help me out a bit. On the 1964 300 k conv the right tail light isn't working I haven't messed with it yet but the left side is blinking kinda fast and both lights are working the right is solid and no lights working . The rear bulb was burnt. So I will start with testing power and go from there but I wanted to find out so if I ended to get to it it would be a little easyer. Has anyone ever run into a problem like this on there c body ? Any input I might be over looking ,I'm not much of a electrical guy I can do enough to be dangerous but it will take hours so if anyone has a quick answer that would be helpful as tomorrow is the car show here and I would like to have my lights working thanks in advance.

Check bulbs first. Front and rear. There should only be two flashers, one for emergency flashers (if equipped) and one for the turn signals. You should also check the bulb sockets. Sometimes the contacts will twist and cause short circuits.

Check bulbs first. Front and rear.

Check bulbs first, as badvert65 says. I've had the bulb socket come unplugged in both my 64 300 and 65 coronet before, so check that also.

I think flashers were an option, or dealer installed in 64 so there may not be a flasher relay. If the left signal is working you can engage it and trace the location of the relay by the clicking sound it should make.
Worse case would be the signal switch in the steering column.

Back