White House Plumbers

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been watching a new show called the "White House Plumbers" Fun show great early 70s scenery,. In the 3rd episode (last one I have watched to date) Some nice prominent C body shots and an Imperial.
1200x0.jpg
i001789859.jpg
i001789861.jpg

They say that a Corvette is a sign of a sucessful plumber......
Obviously theres a step above lol. :poke:

Are any of the cars FCBO members? I am sure we would have been told about the acting rolls from a member.

I recently happened onto an episode of "Ironside" where Raymond Burr and his assistant went on a road trip into Mexico in search of a person. They were driving a '68 Imperial Crown 4dr ht (with the windows down). Looked really neat! Never knew the Imperial was in his fleet, just that Ford van.

CBODY67

I recently happened onto an episode of "Ironside" where Raymond Burr and his assistant went on a road trip into Mexico in search of a person. They were driving a '68 Imperial Crown 4dr ht (with the windows down). Looked really neat! Never knew the Imperial was in his fleet, just that Ford van.

CBODY67
I was thinking of finding and rewatching Ironside.

Are any of the cars FCBO members? I am sure we would have been told about the acting rolls from a member.
One of our members (Jim) used his '66 Imperial one day, and possibly his Fury on another. I am on the list of people that get "called" when films/TV shows are being done in/around DC. Unfortunately they were filming that during the last week of September, which is also the end of the federal fiscal year, when I'm hopelessly chained to my desk "from dawn till dusk" (and then some), so I was unable to take time off for the filming. They REALLY wanted to least my '67 New Yorker (it seems that gold cars film well..........)(and were paying handsomely to do so) but I was uncomfortable with turning it over to someone for that, and I had to pass........hopefully something else will come around.

One of our members (Jim) used his '66 Imperial one day, and possibly his Fury on another. I am on the list of people that get "called" when films/TV shows are being done in/around DC. Unfortunately they were filming that during the last week of September, which is also the end of the federal fiscal year, when I'm hopelessly chained to my desk "from dawn till dusk" (and then some), so I was unable to take time off for the filming. They REALLY wanted to least my '67 New Yorker (it seems that gold cars film well..........)(and were paying handsomely to do so) but I was uncomfortable with turning it over to someone for that, and I had to pass........hopefully something else will come around.
How has you or your friends experience been with film crews respecting the cars?
Years ago, 80s 90s I had some bad experiences with film crews and my cars. I stopped renting to them. I have been asked numerous times to have my cars in films, not so sure. I would not leave them alone with anyone and I would need compensated for car and my time.

I was watching the Batman movie from 1966. Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson were in a '66 Imperial Convertible. After that I moved onto to something else!

How has you or your friends experience been with film crews respecting the cars?
Years ago, 80s 90s I had some bad experiences with film crews and my cars. I stopped renting to them. I have been asked numerous times to have my cars in films, not so sure. I would not leave them alone with anyone and I would need compensated for car and my time.
Me too - Toronto area like you. Poor treatment of the vehicles, blackout tape left on my T&C's pressboard headliner and sunvisors that pulled up the pattern when removed, car covered in FLOUR (if you can believe it) to make it duller, and then not washed properly - with the remaining residue turning into dough... scratches, stretched seat covers from cameramen kneeling on the seats, camera mount marks, etc., car OBVIOUSLY smoked in, yadda yadda.

I don't leave the car with anyone any more.

Hi Fellas,
If You Love Your Car Don't Even Think of Hiring it Out.
A Friend of Mine Many Years Ago Hired His 59 Plymouth Fury to a Movie Company.
He Was Thinking of All the Glory of Being Able to Say "That's My Car in the Movie"
The Way They Treated the Car was Incredible.
They Practised One Crash Scene Repeatly until The Driver Actually Lost Contol & Severely Damaged the Car.
They Had Insurance But The Cheap & Shoddy Repair Job Left the Car a Shadow of It's Former Self.
And the Story was Pretty Much "Here's Your Car, All Care No Responsibility"
It Took Him Years to Iron Out All the Rattles & Squeaks That Developed.
And It Failed the Sock Test Miserably.
Just My Advice
Tony.M

I wouldn't let some people I know anywhere near my car, let alone a stranger who doesn't give a crap about it, no amount of money is worth it.

Hollywood is about making millions and tight production schedules.
Concern for some other guy's 'old car' isn't on the list.
Even if some employees do care about it, an inadvertant accidental incident could destroy your car.

Back