Who makes a good, cost effective damper and what model(s) would best suit a family car?

The B engines seem to be more spot on. Never had a 400 have a wrong keyway location, also some of the best looking old/original bearings I've ever seen come out of a original engines have come from cast crank 400. I honestly don't think they made enough Brake mean effective pressure to strain the bearings. That and the 1.88 rod to stroke ratio.

AYMEN! Yes, that over square rod ratio makes ALL the B blocks serious contenders for wrapping up fast FAST, and developing POWER and MONSTER TORQUE when they get there! This is why I won't stroke any B block motor, period. Wirtmann knew his craft perfectly when he designed those engines, and I happily will work within those parameters until Kingdom Come/Return of the Pentastar. I've read many and MANY-A praise of the 400 and the cast cranks, so maybe I'll even just leave well enough alone with mine for now, and get it back on the street ASAP. THEN I can fool with the 383 I'm running in Gertrude. Those 915 heads should work wonders with that block.

Back