Who thinks they can save this 1973 Fury III

I hope someone takes this on.
I had to Google crabwalk
Walking-your-pet-crab.jpg

I'll try my best to get over to that body shop early next week.

I'll be busy the next few days taking advantage of what's probably going to be the last of the nice warm weather. My task for the day is to get Samplingman's quarters cut off as he will be here on Friday to pick them up. Then I have to jump back on the rusty Silverado cab rebuild.

Jeff

It's a running driving car that (was) nice and I think I am going to sell to hopefully recover close to what I have in to it. $3350.00 invested with all the parts I have accumulated.

I lived in Michigan from 1989-1991. I've never experienced snow like that. It snowed from October to April. Unless you have a garage, pictures will be hard to take before Spring.

I worked at a bodyshop years ago that did a lot of heavy pulls like this one and a lot of restoration work. I am not an expert, but I think the doorgap and this heavy crease on hte driverside are the coffin-nail. The passenger side isn't just moved forward, the rear of the car has twisted CCW also.

Let's guess this car will need $3000 to be pulled sufficiently, metal removed/replaced, and ready for paint again. (and I think that's low for all the pulling + R&R of 2 quarterpanels and a framerail).
Add $3000 for a basic paintjob, then.
Sum total for this 318 Fury 4-door comes in at $9350, and it's no longer a creampuff, it's a car that has been hit HARD - with no guarantee that there won't be some integrity issues afterward (leaks, door alignment, suspension alignment).

I doubt you'll get $3350 for car/parts unless you find someone that has a similar car and needs those parts, drivetrain and blue interior.
Even then, the 318 limits that desirability.

JMO on this situation.

1642558026229.png

I dont think I could make myself want to.
All the internal structure will be tweaked. So much work and if you had a parts car you would be better off putting the interior and front clip if needed on it.. but if I really really had to because my grampa loved that car more than he loved my father...
I would just cut it on the windshield pillars and
across the floor at the rear doors and clip in the roof and back half of a sun burnt desert car.

How many miles are showing on the odometer? It must have been stored indoors for a very long time and have low miles to look that clean inside.

From my experience with my 1973 Imperial donor car that hit a tree before I bought it, I can tell you that everything is bent and buckled on this car. Not only the parts you see.
On my donor, almost every sheet metal piece was more or less distorted in some way. Even the trunk pan was bent a little.
So just consider, it will never be a nice car again, even if you fix all the panels hit in the accident.

1972 Imperial 4dr HT Schlachtfest - 05.jpg

1972 Imperial 4dr HT Schlachtfest - 06.jpg

From my experience with my 1973 Imperial donor car that hit a tree before I bought it, I can tell you that everything is bent and buckled on this car. Not only the parts you see.
On my donor, almost every sheet metal piece was more or less distorted in some way. Even the trunk pan was bent a little.
So just consider, it will never be a nice car again, even if you fix all the panels hit in the accident.

View attachment 510151

View attachment 510152
Makes sense. There's the part of the car that impacts a stationary object, then the rest of the car impacts itself.

View attachment 510151

View attachment 510152
No surprise that there is nothing left of the tree after getting an Imperial in the trunk. That looked like a nice condition Imperial

No surprise that there is nothing left of the tree after getting an Imperial in the trunk. That looked like a nice condition Imperial
The condition was amazing! No rust on the entire car. I removed a lot of very nice parts from this car.
It was a real bummer it crashed but good for me in the end.

How did they manage so hit on dead center? It's a flawless execution of hitting a tree. And the angle to the road? Is that the crash site? That's a sharp angle to leave the road.

How did they manage so hit on dead center? It's a flawless execution of hitting a tree. And the angle to the road? Is that the crash site? That's a sharp angle to leave the road.
I don't know the details but it hit the tree dead center, yes.

Back