NOT MINE Win a 1964 Dodge Custom 880 convertible

I got an email from WDET today. The winner that was drawn has refused the car! So, on 3 Oct at 2pm EDT, they'll re-draw from the raffle tickets remaining. So, who knows??? I'd love to win that, fly to Detroit, get new tires installed and cruise home!

Why would someone refuse it???:wtf:
Why would you buy a $102 ticket if you didn’t want the prize???:realcrazy:

Why would someone refuse it???:wtf:
Why would you buy a $102 ticket if you didn’t want the prize???:realcrazy:
I know a guy like this. He'll participate in drawings and such, and if he wins, he simply refuse it. Done that a couple of times that I'm aware of. Probably doesn't want it, or can't afford the approximately 25% tax liability on the winnings.

Tax liability?

Wow, never thought of that. I'm about 100 miles from Detroit, I thought maybe buying a ticket for the car, what the heck. Here in Canada, we have lotteries and there is no tax angle on them. One of them is called "Dream of a Lifetime" and it's usually a hospital thing where the tickets cost $100 and the top prize is a new house, other prizes are cars, vacation, etc. And they don't trigger income tax.

I know a guy like this. He'll participate in drawings and such, and if he wins, he simply refuse it. Done that a couple of times that I'm aware of. Probably doesn't want it, or can't afford the approximately 25% tax liability on the winnings.
You hit the nail on the head but how much could that be on this car I wonder? I never saw the car in person so I couldn’t hazard a guess on what it’s real value might be but do you think the tax liability on a car that’s worth less than 10k would be 25%?

You hit the nail on the head but how much could that be on this car I wonder? I never saw the car in person so I couldn’t hazard a guess on what it’s real value might be but do you think the tax liability on a car that’s worth less than 10k would be 25%?
It's qualified the same as gambling winnings, IIRC. Any amount over $600.

You got to love our supposed free society. Anything they can do to remind us of their grasp at total control they will do - down to taxing your dreams. I am glad i am 76. I would have loved to win this Dodge.

I saw this raffle a few months back, and was detailed on AMMO NYC's channel.

Sure was hard not buying a few tickets to raise my odds.

I do really hope whoever wins it won't put crazy West Coast hydraulic-suspension
"impala style" lowrider 28 inch wheels with low profile tires, essentially what a "ricer" is in Honda car world.

It breaks my heart to see cars, classics especially taken from what they excel at in stock looking form to being absolutely butchered.

I think I'm just nit picking her ebut,
1 small hidden detail is that the 880's share body styling/parts off of a Full-size car not a C-body,
C-body designation wasn't exactly used as a chassis style until 1965, anywho, the 880's closely are a distant relative of early 58/62 plymouth's Fury and Chrysler 300's of the era,
The Forward look cars. That roofline just screams Forward look, accompanied by the bubble wrap around windows.
Confirm, that It is a front end Polara/rear end Newport, as someone here has mentioned.

Anywho, aside from preaching.
Would have been nice to add this to my "fleet" of 880's, unfortunately got my hands full with this one.

PXL_20230922_235540095.jpg

PXL_20230923_000302855.jpg

Last edited:
Back