Window guide nylon replacements

nightman61

Reaction score
Car: 73 Newport 2dr HT. When I bought this car, the previous owner could not get the drivers side rear window to roll all the way up. It would go up, but was about 1/2 inch shy of coming forward. I thought maybe a track was out of adjustment, and just needed to be moved forward. Once I removed everything to gain access to the regulator, I see the window is designed to move back, as it moves down. The track for this window has a curve to it. I rolled the window down, then rolled back up to see what the issue was. I found a nylon guide that is designed to "guide" the window through the curve of the track is broken. The upper part of it is in tact, but the lower part is broken off. I searched the parts books I have and cannot find a breakdown of the rear window regulator for a 2 door car. At this point, the window is up, with a little help, and the handle has been removed, so it will not be rolled down in error. Does anyone have a diagram, and part number list for the rear window regulator on a 2 door model? Also will be looking for a source to the nylon guide.

Car: 73 Newport 2dr HT. When I bought this car, the previous owner could not get the drivers side rear window to roll all the way up. It would go up, but was about 1/2 inch shy of coming forward. I thought maybe a track was out of adjustment, and just needed to be moved forward. Once I removed everything to gain access to the regulator, I see the window is designed to move back, as it moves down. The track for this window has a curve to it. I rolled the window down, then rolled back up to see what the issue was. I found a nylon guide that is designed to "guide" the window through the curve of the track is broken. The upper part of it is in tact, but the lower part is broken off. I searched the parts books I have and cannot find a breakdown of the rear window regulator for a 2 door car. At this point, the window is up, with a little help, and the handle has been removed, so it will not be rolled down in error. Does anyone have a diagram, and part number list for the rear window regulator on a 2 door model? Also will be looking for a source to the nylon guide.
Post a picture of what you need. May be interchangeable if your talking about the guide.

this is the guide from the other side (not broken). as you can see the track is curved. I could not get behind it to see the full guide without removing the assembly.

20230505_144422.jpg

20230505_144354.jpg

Not sure they make replacements for that nylon part. Here is a pic of the assembly. As you can see it is pressed into the assembly, not to say it couldn’t be drilled out and a new one retrofitted in.
IMG_8926.jpeg
IMG_8927.jpeg
IMG_8928.jpeg

Here is the part number of the assembly, hope that helps.

IMG_8929.jpeg

Not sure they make replacements for that nylon part. Here is a pic of the assembly. As you can see it is pressed into the assembly, not to say it couldn’t be drilled out and a new one retrofitted in. View attachment 595745View attachment 595746View attachment 595747

Here is the part number of the assembly, hope that helps.

View attachment 595748
Thank you very much. Guess the search will start. Now I have something to work with. For now, while I am working on the car, the interior is out waiting on new headliner, & carpet, I have decided I will leave the handles off the rear windows so they don't get moved. Removing the assembly doesn't look easy, but I do like puzzles.. Oh fun.. Once again, thank you.

Thank you very much. Guess the search will start. Now I have something to work with. For now, while I am working on the car, the interior is out waiting on new headliner, & carpet, I have decided I will leave the handles off the rear windows so they don't get moved. Removing the assembly doesn't look easy, but I do like puzzles.. Oh fun.. Once again, thank you.
Worth a try. I have been there numerous times and they do have window parts. As to you maybe/maybe not but worth a try. Mark and Mike, very helpful.

MrMoparts
13128 W Foxfire Drive #D104
Surprise, AZ 85378
623-975-7053

3445242 is not in the 1973 part book but often #s on parts are not the # in the book

3454230 (QTY=4) is listed for C Bodies on the Qtr window regulator as "Bracket/roller and guide
Qtr window front track"

also........

3454231 (Qty 4) QTR window front track roller guide pic off the web enclosed so that is not it

and more here.....

2945115 Qtr regulator track slide (2 used on manual and 4 used on electric regulators)

these old part books are lots of fun trying to figure out what to look for and some guessing needed at times

It is possible the part you need was not serviced either

s-l1600.jpg

3445242 is not in the 1973 part book but often #s on parts are not the # in the book

3454230 (QTY=4) is listed for C Bodies on the Qtr window regulator as "Bracket/roller and guide
Qtr window front track"

also........

3454231 (Qty 4) QTR window front track roller guide pic off the web enclosed so that is not it

and more here.....

2945115 Qtr regulator track slide (2 used on manual and 4 used on electric regulators)

these old part books are lots of fun trying to figure out what to look for and some guessing needed at times

It is possible the part you need was not serviced either

View attachment 595971
Thank you, but these won't work for the need. I will continue to search for the nylon replacement guide.

Those failed on a 73 I had years ago.
I used a piece cut from a lift track that the rollers ride in to lift the window.
About 2 inches long. Adjusted the gap to taste. Drilled the old out and bolted the new in. Worked well, no concessions.

3D printed. Mind you this is a test print with crappy plastic but the stronger stuff is en route

IMG_2103.jpeg

Back