window motors continuously run

daveydave10

Reaction score
Finally (and I mean Finally!) "rebuilt" all my window motors in the 67 Crown Coupe. When I mount them in the door, plug in the wires, they just run continuously. Does that mean my Window Switches are bad?

All of them run continuously at the same time? In other words you tried plugging all 4 of them in and they all just started running until you unplugged them?

All of them run continuously at the same time? In other words you tried plugging all 4 of them in and they all just started running until you unplugged them?
Had only tried one door at the time, but ran through all motors.
Driver side is still intact, works fully.

Passenger side has power at the motor plug and motor runs continuously. Wires going to the power locks have power and locks work, but all the other wires going to that switch bank seem dead. Wing window motor plug is also fully dead.

Both rear motor plugs and switch wires all appear dead.

I found the schematic last night in the FSM, so will spend some more time on tracing the correct wires that should be hot, to confirm I was testing correctly. Briefly read something about jumping the switch too, but obviously need power going to the switch for that to work.

I'm thinking with so much dead, there's gotta be a single break somewhere before it splits off to all the windows.

Hey @detmatt, finally made some progress today. I have the front passenger side window working from the driver switch, but it does not work from the passenger side switch. The only hot wire on the passenger side switch panel is the green. Flipping passenger front switch or vent window switch doesn't push power to either of the window wires. Only the driver side switch pushes power over to passenger. However the passenger side power locks do work... does it still sound like the passenger side window switches are junk? All they do is push down the flapper, must break circuit, but maybe something internal is broke??

Both rear windows have zero power at all wires so tracing that down is next.

Also, have you ever rebuilt a vent window motor? My driver side works, but passenger wire has power (only from driver switch) but motor is dead. I've pulled it part, everything looks great, bushings and gears in great shape. What else is there to check?

Back