Window Sticker

Omni

Reaction score
It would appear that re-poped window stickers for Mopars are not to be had. I had no trouble getting one for the '66 GTO (In fact I have two: one for how it was delivered and one for how it appears now.) The only Mopar ones that I could find are for the late 60's/early 70's B Bodies. I guess that Mopar licencing may have something to do with it.
Is there anyone that does this for mid60's C Bodies?
Thanks to All who respond
Omni

I suspect the main issue would be availability of information, more than anything else. Considering that the same printed paper format was used an all of the carlines, just model-year-specific. Although many years would be very similar with only minor changes for each model year. A-, B-, and E-bodies would be where the main "need" for these stickers might be, unfortunately, so those are the ones which are available.

On one hand, they should not be hard to duplicate in our modern world. Get one of the items for a B-body or whatever, then do a high-res color copy of it, blocking out the typed areas on it Actually, make several copies as you finesse the location and spacing of the typed content. THEN find an old IBM Selectrix electric typewriter with the correct font ball and some "used" cotton type writer ribbon. Figure out the format (spacing and such) and enjoy!

It was always easy to tell when a dealer typed their own window stickers. Never did have the expensive IBM typewriter with the correct font ball on it, plus their ribbon made a solid image rather than the somewhat worn look of the ones the factory supplied. Some of the apparently repro stickers I've seen on cars at Mopar Nats tended to be this way, too.

I'm not sure how various copyright laws might come into play with a copy of a licensed item. But as long as the complete paper item is copied, with the correct copyright indications on the blank paper item, possibly?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

There was a vendor on here that I was in a conversation with about window stickers for my '65 Barracuda.

IIRC, there was a forum crash and our conversation went away and they did too.

I should add that I do have a copy of the Monroney sticker that came with my Barracuda. I'm not sure if it's a copy of the original or a copy that came from Chrysler Historical or a copy of a reproduction. How's that for vague... LOL.

AAA Enterprises was/is making later versions.

With the copy I have, along with a little intraweb sleuthing, I'm sure it could be reproduced fairly accurately. Some computer artwork skills would make it easier, but I don't have those.

I have an original window sticker for my 68 Monaco, I just have to find it, and my girlfriend is a graphic designer and has mad skills
How much of an interest would there be in this?

I have an original window sticker for my 68 Monaco, I just have to find it, and my girlfriend is a graphic designer and has mad skills
You might want to be careful....Stellantis' lawyers don't have a sense of humor about this. ECS and others do a lot of "lawyering" with Ma Mopar for Pentastar stuff.

69-71

The letterhead (for want of a better word) is different on the '65.

harvey651.jpg

I would be interested in taking a look at the sticker. There was a member on here that bought out a Chrysler / Dodge dealer that had some original invoices with pricing.
I would likely be interested in a good accurate re-production for '68 Dodge

Once the format is set the challenge will be getting the prices and options correct for each request.

I would be interested in taking a look at the sticker. There was a member on here that bought out a Chrysler / Dodge dealer that had some original invoices with pricing.
I would likely be interested in a good accurate re-production for '68 Dodge

Once the format is set the challenge will be getting the prices and options correct for each request.
It will take some digging, but ill find it eventually, when I do ill post a pic of it, I sold the car to Murray Park about 4 years ago

You might want to be careful....Stellantis' lawyers don't have a sense of humor about this. ECS and others do a lot of "lawyering" with Ma Mopar for Pentastar stuff.
That makes perfect sense and wouldn't surprise me at all, a multi million dollar corporation suing a little guy trying to help out a few car enthusiasts

You do realize that 54% of the inflation we are currently experiencing is due to record profits of corporations

That makes perfect sense and wouldn't surprise me at all, a multi million dollar corporation suing a little guy trying to help out a few car enthusiasts

You do realize that 54% of the inflation we are currently experiencing is due to record profits of corporations
Hey, I'm just the messenger here, so cool out. After all, YOU said "it makes perfect sense".

Here's how it works....

If you have a trademarked name/logo etc., it's your job to make sure that no one else is using that name or logo, regardless of how it's used. As soon as you know, you have to act. Failure to act on it after you know let's the door open for anyone to use it.

Example.... You own a shop named "Dude's Widgets" and you trademark that name. Every widget you make has that name on it. So... Some guy in the next town opens up a shop an he calls it "Dude's Widgets" just like yours. You figure that he's not in competition with you because he's not in production and you don't worry about it. In the next town from there, another guy opens another "Dude's Widgets" and he goes into full production and it's hurting your business. You go to court about it and the new guy points to the second shop that you never did anything about... The judge says "Your trademark must not be worth anything to you because you didn't stop the second shop from using it". Your trademark has just become worthless and now anyone can use it...

I've been through this... And talked to some high $$ lawyers when our business name was used by a competitor. Yea... Long story short, we caught it before they did much and just the threat of us taking them to court was enough.

Been through it on the other side too when Chrysler came down on all the Mopar car clubs. That was nuts... I was involved with a local club at the time and another long story short, Chrysler granted us and others permission to use their name. It was touch and go for a while though. About the same time, they came down on the parts reproducers and that worked out into the "Mopar Approved Restoration Part" (or whatever it is LOL).

Hey, I'm just the messenger here, so cool out. After all, YOU said "it makes perfect sense".
I wasn't upset with you, just the way things work, a multi million dollar company would go after someone working behind a computer out of their house, trying to make a living
I could understand making a reproduction part and trying to pass it off as OEM, but a piece of paper? Yea you're probably right, corporations have trademark colors and fonts, how in the world do you trademark a color?
I just added in the part about inflation because......... well I don't feel to sorry for big corporations

Dave Layson (Layson Restorations) knows first hand the power of Ma Mopar. (Think Maralago...)
Several years ago at the Mopar Nationals (when Mopar actually sponsored the event) Chrysler sent people there to confiscate any/all items that were in violation of 'copyright' laws. I saw it first hand. From something as innocent as an antenna flag to actual hard parts, didn't matter. If Chrysler didn't get their 'cut' (10% to the Big Guy?) it was gone.

Dave Layson (Layson Restorations) knows first hand the power of Ma Mopar. (Think Maralago...)
Several years ago at the Mopar Nationals (when Mopar actually sponsored the event) Chrysler sent people there to confiscate any/all items that were in violation of 'copyright' laws. I saw it first hand. From something as innocent as an antenna flag to actual hard parts, didn't matter. If Chrysler didn't get their 'cut' (10% to the Big Guy?) it was gone.
IMHO, it looked to me like Dave Layson took the attitude of "they aren't going to touch me" and I will bet he had already gotten "cease and desist" letters from Chrysler.

They made a big show of it... I think with an over-reaction from the local cops from everything I've heard. Then again, the cops did have a shoot out one year with a vendor, killing the vendor, so maybe that was in the back of their mind.... I don't know. Point being that Chrysler couldn't order that arrest, some judge in some court did...

They were Cerebus owned at the time, an investment group and that may have been a contributing factor. Those guys probably didn't realize the bad press over it... or maybe didn't care.

I've never heard the cost of getting approval from Chrysler. Giving the name and stamp of approval has some value and there seems to be quite a few vendors selling parts that have taken that path. All they really have to do is take the logo off and it's just another repair part.... But they've bought into the program, probably some to stay in business and probably some for the "value added" seal of approval. In the grand scheme of things, the money generated is probably chicken feed and (IMHO) Chrysler is doing it for good faith to their loyal customers.

But I'll tell you what... Chrysler is nothing like Harley Davidson.... They both were our customers at our emblem shop and Harley was so diligent that they would scout eBay, Craigslist etc. for any parts that we made that went out in someone's lunch pail. We'd get a call "Does so and so work for you?" and we'd have to deal with it.

Back