Windshield Differences

HappyJack

Reaction score
I recently bought a 67 Fury III convertible. It’s a project, it needs things. Like a windshield.
I found a parts car with a good windshield and a few other parts I needed. A quick search told me a 67 Fury, 2 door hard top, windshield would fit my convertible.

So I drive 3 hours to pick it up, and trailer it 3 hours home. Then carefully and nervously cut out the windshield, managing to get it out without cracking it. I even bought the special tool for removing the chrome. I was so proud of myself.

Until today I found out that a 2 door hard top, is different from a 2 door fast top. And that is what I dragged home. But you would think they would have the same windshield. It looks like only the back glass is different. Not according to the internet.

Do what is the difference? Anyone know? I’m not saying the internet is wrong, but I’m hoping it is a small difference like it has tint on the top and the others don’t. Or maybe slightly thicker glass? I know I’m grasping at straws, but I’m hoping someone will say I can use it. It sure looks the same.

IMG_0119.png

Usually, differences related to "height" of the glass as the A-pillars should all be the same. An old Chilton or Motor Crash Parts Book would have the correct glass part numbers, just as the Chrysler parts Book would too.

As you might have discovered, a good bit of "The Internet" knowledge can be from ONE source, then reposted by others. Not a guarantee for accuracy, by observation.

CBODY67

The fast top body in 67 & 68 used a shorter windshield. Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth C Body cars used the same windshields. There were 3 different windshields used in 67 - 68. I believe that a windshield from a 65 or 66 is the same as 67 & 68.

2 door sedans, 4 door sedans and station wagons used the same windshield.
2 door hardtops, body code 23, 4 door hardtops and convertibles use the same windshield.

Check with Nigel at National Moparts to see if he has the windshield that you need.

1967 and 1968
4 door sedans
Wagons
Convertibles = share the same taller windshield

2 door Fast tops
4 door Hardtops = share the shorter windshield

1967 and 1968
4 door sedans
Wagons
Convertibles = share the same taller windshield

2 door Fast tops
4 door Hardtops = share the shorter windshield

I have owned ‘68 Fury’s for over 30 years. 3 different windshields were used on 67 & 68 C Bodies. The 4 door hardtop’s and 2 door Plymouth hardtop’s used the same windshield but only fast tops used the shorter windshield. 3 different sizes and part numbers with the sedan/wagon windshields using the tallest windshield.

ok from my 68 Chrysler "special collision parts issue"...2664426(NAGS W658)...2 and 4 door sedan and wagon....2664428(NAGS W657)...2dr hardtop, 4 door hardtop, and convertible...2664210(NAGS W692)...2dr fastop and vip...tinted versions had different part numbers from clear but still fit the same stuff so the difference isnt just tint...fwiw the fastop vent windows are different too...makes me think the fastop had a little extra aero trickery for Nascar superspeedways but the teams wound up using the B bodies instead...

Last edited:
Things aren't too bad. The fasttop windshield is worth at least double the std hardtop, so you should be able to sell it and put some cash in your pocket.

Jeff

Does anybody have a list of the NAGS #'s for all the different applications for slab, fusey and formal?

It avoids getting jerked around by counter people that think the only glass on the planet is for Honda Civics. If you just give them the NAGS # and don't tell them what it's for, it bypasses the 50 shades of how may I not be of assistance to you today that seems to be the default position for business in general these days if any thinking is required.

Kevin

Does anybody have a list of the NAGS #'s for all the different applications for slab, fusey and formal?

It avoids getting jerked around by counter people that think the only glass on the planet is for Honda Civics. If you just give them the NAGS # and don't tell them what it's for, it bypasses the 50 shades of how may I not be of assistance to you today that seems to be the default position for business in general these days if any thinking is required.

Kevin
I have most...
glass1.jpg
glass2.jpg
glass3.jpg
glass4.jpg
glass5.jpg
glassexch.jpg

Back