Windshield replacement

nightman61

Reaction score
Good day Everyone, Seeking help here. When I bought my 73 Newport 2 door hardtop, the front and rear glass both leaked and had been covered, or externally sealed with silicon. Since I had successfully fixed the issue on my 67 Newport long ago, that had the same issue, I figured I would do the same. The rear window was normal. removed, cleaned reinstalled, no leaks. The front windshield has proven to be a challenge. I removed the seal from around the top and sides and was ready to get the bottom to unseal. No luck, someone actually used silicone on the bottom part of the glass and it is like glue. Trying to cut the seal, did not work. The windshield cracked, bottom to top, so need a replacement. Thought I located one, but after paying for it, I am told, 40 days out before shipping. Well that was 90 days ago. I have searched, inquired with local companies, and web search. I know the windshield can be used on more than just the 73 2 door hardtop, but still no luck. Does anyone have any leads? My understanding it is the same on 69-73 Chrysler.

Back